Government has outlined protocols which churches must adhere to as they are given the green light to worship with congregants.
The Religious Affairs Minister Kofi Dzamesi announced them at a press conference at the Information Ministry on Monday.
Below are the safety protocols for churches announced by the Religious Affairs Minister on Monday.
- Provide thermometer guns
- No mask no entry.
- Hand washing and sanitizers: regularly sanitize microphones and others.
- Waste disposal bins.
- Toilets with regular cleaning.
- Training and provision of PPE to protocol officers.
- Adequate ventilation ie windows etc.
- Emergency Unit (Designate a room)
- No hugging, no shaking of hands, no spitting policy
- Form Covid-19 Task Force.
- Older people and people with underlying medical conditions should stay away from church for now.
- No group singing, dancing and waving of handkerchiefs.
- Laying on of hands is not allowed.
- Create separate sitting areas for those who are fairly old.
- Practice social distancing – at least one meter or six feet apart.
- Disinfect Chapel before church service and regularly do so.
- There should be an immediate evacuation of any suspected case and call # 112 or 311 to report.
- Put bowl at the entrance for the offertory.
- Adequate information ie notices such as no mask, no entry; wash your hand here; no handwashing no entry etc.
- Isolate suspected cases.
- Inform them they will be handed over to the health authorities.
- Call in the health authorities.
- Sunday schools and Children’s services are to remain closed for now.