The International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) has contributed ¢100,000 to the Covid-19 National Trust Fund.
Three members of the Presbytery of the Church, Prophet Christopher Yaw Annor, Rev. Anthony Cudjoe and Rev. Morris Appiah, presented the cheque to the Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei Opare at the Jubilee House, Thursday.
Rev. Morris Appiah said the Presbytery and the entire membership of the Church are concerned about the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
He said the devasting nature of it has persuaded them to contribute to support Government’s efforts targeted at stop any further spread of Covid-19 within the shores of Ghana and providing relief for the needy and vulnerable in society.
Chief of Staff, after receiving the cheque thanked them on behalf of the President, and Ghanaians to the leadership and members of the ICGC for their kind gesture.
She urged the people of Ghana to stay strong and to adhere to the movement restrictions imposed by the President as well as sticking to all protocols such as the washing of hands and observing social distancing.
Prophet Christopher Yaw Annor, after the ceremony, shared a word of prayer with the Chief of Staff and her entire office.
He beseeched God to rain His manifold wisdom on the President, his cabinet and all those that are in authority to enable them to take timely and strategic decisions that will lift Ghana out of the snare of Covid-19.
- Akuapem Poloo convicted over naked photo
- ‘Trotro’ crashed after knocking down 2 robbers on motorbike at Sowutuom
- Sprinter bus knocks down UCC Level 100 student to death
- 2 feared dead after ‘trotro’ crashed into faulty trailer on Tesano road
- Galamsey: I won’t act on hearsay to deal with my appointees – Akufo-Addo
- About 2,000 Covid-19 vaccines in Northern Region to expire on Friday
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: Ghana isn’t eating Nigeria’s lunch, it’s a dining hall for Africa
- Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko mourns death of his father
- Social media users react to Akuapem Poloo’s conviction
- Takoradi murder: Police places ¢10k bounty on gunmen
Unions’ allegations are untrue – ECG MD
EU’s report not a true representation of Ghana’s election process – Otokunor
Go beyond partisan politics when discussing illegal mining – Akufo-Addo
Techiman South: 2020 NDC Parliamentary candidate granted request by Court to inspect EC’s pink sheets
GJA opens nominations for national elections
Three granted bail over fraudulent land transaction
What form of ‘gel’ are you talking about – Mahama asks government
Ghana still Lower-Middle Income Economy – Finance Ministry
Be courageous to report cases of rights abuse – CHRAJ
GWCL to cut water supply to Tema residents
CBOD donates projectors to University of Ghana Business School
Betway organises leadership roundtable for sponsored clubs
Mahrez and Foden send Man City into Champions League last four
Liverpool knocked out of Champions League by Real Madrid
Kumasi residents proffer solutions for decongesting central business district