Silas met his untimely death after he was allegedly stabbed by some people believed to be NPP activists at Banda Kabrono.

The Chief of Kabrono, in the Banda District of the Bono Region has said the government must expedite action to arrest and prosecute the killers of Silas Wulochamey.

Nana Sakyeme Senapim II said his community is not involved in the violence characterizing the ongoing voters’ registration exercise.

The 28-year-old teacher trainee graduate was allegedly stabbed at Banda Kabrono on his way back from Wenchi. 

Earlier political clashes at Banda Ahenkroh on July 13, 2020, between the NDC and NPP over the voter registration exercise could not be controlled, escalating into gunshots, burning of cars, and roadblocks. 

The Bono Regional Police Command on 21st July 2020 announced the arrest of seven (7) suspects believed to be involved in the killing of Silas. 

Though the Public Relations Officer of Police in the Region, Chief Inspector Augustine Kingsley Oppong did not disclose the identities of the suspects who are in their custody. He explained that they will assist in the investigation and be arraigned when a case is established against them.

He also appealed to the general public to assist them with vital information on the voter registration clashes that left many injured in the Banda District.

Speaking to JoyNews at his Palace at Kabrono, Nana Sakyeme Senapim II said the Police should have been able to stop the acts of impunity that culminated in the death of Silas. 

“The police were witnesses to the clashes in Ahenkroh. Lights went off, cars were vandalized, guns were fired, and barricades erected. The commander and his people even could not avert the clashes earlier in the day at Banda Ahenkroh,” he narrated.

“We have advised our people to ensure that every action they take is backed by law. They must get the Police informed in everything that happens. The Kabrono community is not fighting anyone and is not involved in any crime”, the Chief said.

He said Kabrono has always been a peaceful community and they have no hand in the dastardly act adding that they will extend every support in their quest for justice for Silas.

“We reject and condemn anyone involved in the killing of Silas. It is a crime and we don’t want such people in Banda”, he stated, adding, “we sympathize with the family of Silas, on behalf of the chiefs and people of Kabrono and we wish the injured speedy recovery. This should never happen again in Banda”.

 He appealed to the President, Nana Akufo Addo, and the security services to beef up security and stamp their authority by conducting a thorough investigation to expose and prosecute the perpetrators.

Nana Sakyeme Senapim II also called on the political parties and politicians to exercise maximum restraint in their quest to win political power.

“Politicians want us to come out to register and vote for them to serve us. So if I don’t support you, must that result in beatings and killings? You want to serve me and I don’t support you, is that a crime?” he sternly asked.   

He said though they have advised the people and they don’t want this situation happening in Banda again, the chiefs are also ready to support the government to deal with all wrongdoers in Banda.