Kidnappers once again struck in Aba, Abia State, when the Bayelsa State Commissioner for Environment, Mrs. Victoria Denenu and her mother in-law were on Saturday abducted in broad day light on their way to attend the wedding of Denenu’s housemaid.
Although details of the kidnap has been shrouded in secrecy as no government official is willing to speak on the abduction, THISDAY gathered that the kidnappers who were dressed in military fatigue may have gotten a fore-knowledge of their victims’ movement as they were waiting at a strategic junction leading to the maid’s father’s home where the abduction took place.
Sources said the gunmen ordered all other persons in the vehicle, including the driver of the car conveying the commissioner and her mother-in-law out before driving away with them to an unknown destination.
As at the time of this report, it was not known if any demand for ransom had been made to the family or government as everyone is keeping sealed lips about the kidmap.
Contacted on the issue, the Bayelsa Police Command PRO, Mr. Solomon Omoemin (ASP), said he was not aware of the incident as it did not happen within the jurisdiction of the command. However, a top government official who craved anonymity confirmed the abduction.
- World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo a ‘total genius’ for winning Portugal penalty – Fifa
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A missed opportunity
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Daughter cannot watch father’s execution, judge rules
- Kuami Eugene, Eno Barony and Keche climax HITZ Skuuls Reunion’s return
- “Invest more on human capital development than on preparations for war” – African governments told
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- 2022 World Cup: We didn’t ‘over-respect’ Portugal – Otto Addo
- Take tough decisions in life – GNPC boss to Presec Legon students
- Kelvin Tutu talks accountability in new single, ‘Fa kye’
- BOST MD emerges Petroleum CEO of the Year 2022
- 6th Ghana Energy Awards honours 31 individuals, companies
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- ‘We don’t want any mining activities on our land’ – Mampong Traditional Council insists
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- My ex got married and I’m single and completely heartbroken
- WHO convenes Africa regional policy dialogue on investment and protection of health workforce
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo