Audio By Carbonatix
The Northern Region has recorded nine more cases of the coronavirus, bringing its total to 22.
The new cases are head porters, popularly known as Kayayei, who escaped the lockdown in Accra, when President Akufo-Addo made the announcement on March 28.
According to JoyNews' sources, out of the nine cases health officials have been able to identify, one is from Kpandai, two from Yendi and another two from Bimbilla.
However, four of the other victims are yet to be located.
The Municipal Chief Executive for Nanumba North, Abdulai Yaqoub, who confirmed his municipality cases to JoyNews said, he had been informed by his Health Director that their samples were taken in Nkwanta North in the Oti Region.

He said that 67 passengers were on board the vehicle they rode from Accra and out of the samples taken, 13 came out positive of which nine are from the Northern Region.
Mr Yaqoub said the four others are from the Nkwanta North.
He stated that the cases in his municipality are from two different communities whose names are yet to be given for the contact tracing to begin.
Latest Stories
-
President Mahama extends warm Ramadan greetings to Muslims
53 minutes -
DVLA opens new premium service centre in Kumasi
1 hour -
3 convicted over illegal firearms and ammunition possession in Wa; each fined ¢2,400
1 hour -
GREDA urges reduction of building materials prices as cedi gains strength
1 hour -
Trade Ministry and TradeMark Africa partner to boost Ghana’s garment industry
2 hours -
Advisory team of the Pan African AI Summit meets Communications Minister Sam George
2 hours -
Gender Ministry confirms abandoned newborn rescued in Elmina, receiving medical care
2 hours -
ECOWAS holds talks with Chiefs of Naval Staff in Accra
2 hours -
Minister for Communication receives Assemblies of God Church delegation
2 hours -
Sefwi Wiaso MP urges cocoa farmers to be patient amid global price volatility
2 hours -
Housing Minister vows to resolve nationwide water shortages, assures Teshie-Nungua residents
2 hours -
Minority raises concerns over early extension of WCTP and DWT petroleum contracts
2 hours -
One year advance is fair – GREDA backs new Rent Bill
2 hours -
FDA clarifies viral ‘cemented beans’ video didn’t originate from Ghana
2 hours -
Energy Minister John Jinapor holds constructive talks with Cenpower on Ghana’s power sector
2 hours
