He has therefore, applauded, President Akufo-Addo for the GH¢600million Small Scale Enterprises (SSE) fund to help grow small scale companies and businesses across the Country.
Mr. Korsah-Brown has in this regard, appealed to managers of the fund to make flexible conditions for accessing it to enable players in the SSE sector to expand their businesses and employ more people.
The Parliamentary aspirant who made the appeal at Saltpond expressed concern about how young people engaged in fishing, farming and trading were tagged by society as ‘uneducated’.
According to Mr Korsah-Brown this wrong perception had killed the interest of many young people in that sector who found it difficult to get access to capital to start their own businesses, leaving many of them frustrated.
Mr Korsah-Brown urged the youth in that sector to embrace the fund, which he said had the lowest commercial loan interest in the system to set up businesses to make them self-reliant.
He also pledged his personal support to small enterprises to stimulate growth with his banking and international trade background.
He appreciated government’s efforts in bringing affected businesses and companies back to life
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
Akosombo Dam could serve Ghana for another 50 years if well maintained – Kweku Awotwi
No new Covid-19 cases in Northern Region in 3 weeks
2 dead, 3 injured and others displaced following heavy downpour in Ashanti Region
Okyeame Kwame and wife launch their first book ‘Love Locked Down’
Ter Stegen ruled out of Germany’s Euros plans with knee problem that will require surgery at Barcelona
Digital transformation will determine success of corporate Ghana post-Covid – Ernest De-Graft Egyir
Standards Authority sets standards to regulate sale of eggs
Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
At least 20 cattle shot and wounded after herdsmen allegedly stab man at Abrewankor
If you don’t fix health system, outcome won’t improve irrespective of procurement you make – Asiedu Sarpong
Ongoing financial re-engineering of the power sector is positive – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman