President Akufo-Addo says the New Patriotic Party (NPP)’s only aim and objective in this year’s elections would be to secure a one-touch victory.
According to him, a victory in the December elections would give him four more years to advance the peace, progress and prosperity the country is experiencing now.
Speaking at the NPP’s 2020 Manifesto Launch held in Cape Coast, he said, “The NPP has, in 2020, one target and one objective only, that is to secure, with your support and the blessing of the Almighty, in free, fair, peaceful and transparent elections, another decisive victory on 7th December 2020.
“A victory that will give us a clear majority in Parliament and a first round presidential victory, and enable us to do four more years of advancing the peace, progress and prosperity of our nation for you.”
He added that he will do everything in his power to ensure that the peace and stability theb country is experiencing now is not jeopardized before, during and after the December 7elections.
“Let me use this occasion to assure Ghanaians that, as President of the Republic, I will do everything within my means to ensure the peace and stability of our country in the run-up to, during and after the polls of 7th December 2020.
He further called on all political actors to join him ensure the peace and stability in the country by conducting themselves in a manner devoid of violence and ethnocentrism.
“The struggle of our forebears in the Danquah-Dombo-Busia political tradition, to construct, at great sacrifice, a democratic, open, free system of government in Ghana, will not be jeopardised by me.
“I am calling on all actors in the political space to join me to ensure the maintenance of the peace and stability of our country, and to conduct ourselves in a manner devoid of violence and ethnocentrism. The Ghana Project can best be achieved in unity, tolerance and mutual respect,” he stated.
- Final year JHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force for attempted forceful removal from office
- My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwesi Aning
- Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
SIM cards re-registration comment by Bawumia ill-informed, highly naive – Minority Leader
NPP Coordinator condemns alleged forceful removal of DCOP Opare Addo from office
Ablekuma Central Assembly warns against building without permits
Ghana Armed Forces set to conduct anti-terrorism exercise
National Coordinator of School Feeding Programme sacked
NSMQ 2021: I silently prayed to overcome stage fright – Drobo SHS contestant shares experience
Jean Mensa doesn’t care about those who lost their lives in 2020 elections – Peter Otokunor
Contractors who do shoddy work to pay more for maintenance – Roads Minister warns
AUCC, Knowledge Innovations to host first training course in Financial Technologies
Task force to check illegal transport fares set up
Ghana Library Authority shortlisted for London Book Fair Awards
Expect some symptoms after receiving second Covid-19 jab – GHS to Ghanaians
Ghana’s Golden Girl: Martha Bissah grabs second degree at Norfolk University
Covid-19 vaccines: Persons who received 1st jab from March 1 to 9 eligible for second dose – GHS
Musicians in Ghana will not be poor if we enforce the laws – GHAMRO CEO