Three schools set a record in the ongoing 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Saturday morning when they all scored a perfect score in Round Three.
The Round, otherwise called ‘Problem of the Day’ which has been the students’ Achilles heel was easily overcomed by Awudome SHS, Assin State College and Presby SHS, Bechem.
In addition to the pride that comes with getting a perfect score, their team of four, made of three contestants and one teacher are now ¢2000 richer as Prudential Life is rewarding any team that scores the 10/10.
Leaders, Awusco could not hold back their joy
After claiming their reward, it was back to business with the True or False session, where a wrong answer attracts a penalty of two points.
Awudome SHS held on to their lead from the previous rounds, closely chased by Assin State College. Presec was left chasing the pack.
End of Round 4
Awudome SHS: 36pts
Assin State College: 32pts
Presby SHS, Bechem: 21pts
The Bechem-based school, however, regained their ground picking up nine points to close the gap.
At the end of the content, Awusco has made it to the one-eighth stage leaving the two other schools counting on their luck in the evening to match their scores with other losers.
If they make it among the 18 highest tallies, they have a free pass into the knockout stages.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m
- In pictures: Fate of Mallam-Gbawe municipality flood victims hangs in the balance as water level remains high