I am a person of faith and a patriot but today, I am demoralized – in my faith – for religious leaders and for our national leaders.
I have never attended Dr. Otabil's church but I have admired him and defended him publicly when he has been attacked.
In the last few days, as the details of the Capital Bank and Bank of Ghana boondoggle has unfolded, I have read from those standing with him and those calling them fools. But I have not heard from the man of God himself.
I believe in the rule of law but I also believe, even more passionately, in moral law. While the laws must work, Dr. Otabil must clear the air – for his own sake, for the sake of the people of faith standing with him and for the sake of Ghana.
Those who admire him, including me, need to know that he is the same in the boardroom as he is in the pulpit.
I do not think he must wait for the "rule of law". He must hew to a higher standard.
As for the rest of us, we cannot wait for the legal process.
Where is the outrage we saw with Woyome? Should we not see 10 times as much outrage?
Where are the geniuses of the Bank of Ghana who signed off on this "white-collar" robbery?
We cannot send goat and akomfem thieves to prison for years and be indifferent to the theft of 610 million cedis!
If we do, it is hypocritical. That amount could have paid off half of the NHIS debt and helped to educate many children.
At this point, as people of faith, we should stand – with God and truth – and our country and hope that, in the end, Pastor Otabil stands with God and truth and his Ministry.
We should be guided by John 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth and it shall make ye free" and our Motto, "Freedom and Justice".
May God bless all of us and Ghana.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Omane Boamah writes: Deliver us from drones that can drown Ghanaians
- Here come the influence peddlers around the President…
- MANASSEH WRITES: Akufo-Addo’s gov’t ordered Yvonne Nelson’s dress for Joselyn Dumas
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: The GNPC kickback and the AU Convention on illicit enrichment
- Kufuor and reconciliation of history
- What secret plot lies behind John Mahama’s second coming?
- Professor Gyimah-Boadi’s acceptance speech at ASA Awards
- Save The Earth: It's The Only Planet With Chocolate!
- Samson's Take: RTI Red Friday -Just pass the Bill
- Drones for medical supply - FAQs
- An open letter to Mr. President on the celebration of the 2018 national farmers’ day
- Novelty is NOT Innovation – the Story of Fly Zipline Ghana
- GIJ deserves a seat at the table
- Legalise corruption
- Ayeboafoh writes: What I offer