The staff of GHL Bank have paid for the total cost of the surgery, anaesthesia, intensive care and ward stay for Efua Nhyira Baidoo, a 5-year-old girl with Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), a complex hole in heart condition under the Children’s Heart Foundation, Ghana (CHFG)
This is in response to the annual fundraiser event by the Hearts Foundation that aims at finding sponsors for open heart surgeries needed to save the lives of sick underprivileged Ghanaian children.
Leading the GHL Bank in their presentation, Sylvia Adadey Corporate Communications and Brands Management Supervisor and a member of the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee stated, that the bank feels obligated to help save lives through such interventions while focusing on its core business function of providing a one-stop bank for all financial needs of Ghanaians.
She added “Our transformation from Ghana Home Loans to GHL Bank has not affected our passion to continue supporting as many people to realize their life-long dreams; whether it is education, health, business and life. That is why we resolved to help little Efua stay alive and healthy to pursue a promising future”.
Jacqui Ahomka-Lindsey the President of CHFG, who received the donation, expressed the Foundation’s gratitude to all who contributed to this year’s fundraiser event. She particularly commended GHL Bank for consistently heeding to the call of the Ghana Heart Foundation.
She further pleaded that individuals and groups come to the aid of Ghanaian families who find themselves in the stressful and difficult position of trying to save the life of their child diagnosed with a congenital heart condition.
Prior to its transformation to GHL Bank, Ghana Home Loans had contributed to the Foundation over the past five years and has made it a major part of the bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility projects.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Keta cats chase dogs awayyy!
- Tax reforms in the 2019 budget: key features we must observe
- Till death do us part: Little consideration for the other road users
- Cyber Security Month Celebration in Perspective
- Mobile Money: Communication or banking service?
- We need more women at the forefront of Nation-building
- Nana Akufo-Addo and the making of Bawumia
- Confronting Climate Change: Communication critical
- National Cathedral: No Duncan Williams, no!
- Reality Zone With Vicky Wireko: Loving the police - But my beef is…
- Reality Zone With Vicky Wireko: Prince of Wales’s visit – Any significance for Ghana?
- Madina-Adenta Protest: My Perspective
- So what happened to Mahama's security detail who slapped Joy News journo?
- Terminal 3 flooded and so what?
- Current SHS education policy will result in increased cost or mass WASSCE failures