His Excellency President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, will, on 7thSeptember 2018, be the recipient of the prestigious OUTSTANDING CHANGE LEADERSHIP AWARD at the 2018 edition of the Ghana Procurement & Supply Chain Awards, which will be held at the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra, Ghana.
The award is in recognition of the president’s institution of an unprecedented paradigm shift in procurement and supply chain management which, today, has become inextricably linked to the government’s “Ghana Beyond Aid” agenda” and accepted within public and private sector decision-making corridors.
The honour also recognizes the president’s persistent and tactful advocacy regarding procurement and supply chain management in many national and global fora, in support of Ghana’s industrialisation and socio-economic development goals, as part of his visionary leadership and unflinching determination to transform the procurement and supply chain sector in Ghana.
His Excellency the president shall publicly receive a specially designed trophy and a certificate for his outstanding leadership which has transformed Ghana’s procurement landscape.
Additionally, Hon. Minister of State in charge of Public Procurement, Ms. Adwoa Safo, will also be recognised at the awards ceremony for her role in Promoting Sustainable Procurement throughlaudable procurement initiatives, such as the procurement quota to women initiative, eliminating corruption and fraudulent procurement processes.
More so,the ChiefExecutive Officer of the Public Procurement Authority, Mr. A.B Adjei, PPA Board Chairman and other top procurement professionals will be hounoured for contributing immensely to the procurement fraternity and changing the face of procurement in Ghana
According to Mr. Akin Naphtal, CEO of InstinctWave, organisers of the award ceremony, “Aside from awarding operators in the industry that have shown excellence, the Ghana Procurement & Supply Chain Awards, will also emphasise the value and importance of procurement functions and convince organisations of the need for its further development and professionalisation”.
The first of its kind in Ghana, the Ghana Procurement & Supply Awards Chain (GPSCA), aims to celebrate outstanding achievements, by rewarding companies, teams, stakeholders and individuals who have demonstrated unparalleled ability to succeed as well as those that have continually set standards of excellence in the procurement sector.
Also, the awards ceremony will witness the unveiling of the top twenty (20) Procurement Leaders.
The Ghana Procurement & Supply Chain Awards, is in collaboration with the Ministry of Procurement, Public Procurement Authority (PPA), Ghana Institute of Procurement & Supply (GIPS), Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) and Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management (CISCM).
Head quartered in the UK, InstinctWave is Africa’s premium B2B event& specialist,the organizer of the highly successful Ghana Information Technology &Telecom Awards (GITTA) in its 8th year, The Africa Public Sector Conference& Awards, West Africa Construction Awards in its 3rd Year, MarketingWorld Awards in its 8th Year, Ghana Top 50 HR leaders and other industry related events across Africa
For more information about the Ghana Procurement & Supply Chain Awards 2018, kindly contact:
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- January weddings to be cancelled
- Halting workplace sexual abuses – The life story of a domestic worker
- Nkoranza: The divine choice for Bono East Capital
- Mahama’s 2020 bid: A real threat to Nana or a political scarecrow?
- I shot them: Confessions of a serial photographer
- Michel camp fire, Odawna-Circle fire, where next?
- NAM1 is a hero; invest in any new scheme he introduces
- Rebuttal: We voted for bread and butter, not a Cathedral
- Simpa Panyin: We have more Menzgolds than you would ever think
- Menzgold saga: Our culture led us to the slaughter
- The argument against the National Cathedral is lame
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: Thank you, Mr President, but…
- Menzgold’s collapse is the story of Ghana's failure
- The scrapping of July 1st Republic Holiday: Historically antithetical, untenable
- Menzgold saga: Our culture lead us to the slaughter