Like many others, I have scores to settle with the grey-bearded lanky Mafia from Akyem; Gabby Asare Otchere -Darko. He is too confident and comes off as an arrogant person. But I can’t deny the fact that, Gabby is one of the most intelligent, smart, and politically savvy and result oriented persons one can ever meet. He is a master strategist and a great negotiator. I’ve watched him bully lots of people, black and white alike. I don’t like him much and I’m sure he doesn’t like me either.
I should’ve been happy to see to see him deal with the pain of being falsely accused BUT my Christian values and principles make it imperative that I write this piece not to defend him or even clear his name but to tell the simple truth that; Gabby Asare-Otchere Darko is capable of many sins but to undermine the Asantehene is clearly not part of it. He just does not have what it takes to pull such a thing off. He is either too smart for that or too stupid to even contemplate it.
I must credit the invisible hand(s) behind this poisonous scheme; you’ve hit Gabby where it pains most.
I have seen Gabby take credit for so many things he even had no idea of in the past. Some people even think that he was the brain behind the NPP seeking refuge in the Supreme Court after the 2012 elections. His enviable ability to keep quiet in such times only adds to his clout. He is fast becoming a receptacle of ideas and a powerful ally to have.
I still don’t like him much but I’d rather have him as an ally than an enemy. He is too much of an asset to hang out to dry.
I have known and worked closely with Gabby Asare-Otchere Darko for close to 3 years. Together, we poisoned our systems with unbearable volumes of coffee just to stay awake in pouring through the 56,000 names cited for registering with NHIA cards by the Supreme Court in months leading to the 2016 elections. We have, together with a few others had feisty arguments in his living room at his plush East Legon apartment. I have, together with Boakye Agyarko engaged Gabby in crafting the Promises Made, Promises Kept speech that doused the opponent. Take it from me; he’s a workaholic and a smart one at that too.
His greatest strength lies in his subtle ability to spot talent and perhaps most importantly, bring people together to work for a common cause. I dare say that Gabby is not so much interested in your skin pigment or ethnic background or even religious orientation as he is in your brain power. He places so much power on one's intellect it sometimes gets annoying. Ewes, Dagombas, Fantes, Krobos, Gas, Fulani, Akyems etc; if you find any person from any ethnic lineage around Gabby, you be can sure of one thing; they are intelligent and smart. Period!
It is thus untenable the position that he; Gabby Otchere Darko is working to pitch His royal majesty, Otumfou Osei Tutu (married to the graceful Lady Julia from Kyebi-Adadientem) against the Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori-Panin. It is not in his nature to do such. He thrives on building teams through intelligence gathering not on collapsing empires through gossip mongering.
Michael Nana Sasu
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- A walk from Independence Avenue to Liberation Road
- J. B. Danquah on naming the Republic
- Marriage: Paradise for hubby, Battlefield for wifey
- The law on the child as object of homicide: Why the need for amendment
- January weddings to be cancelled
- Halting workplace sexual abuses – The life story of a domestic worker
- Mahama’s 2020 bid: A real threat to Nana or a political scarecrow?
- I shot them: Confessions of a serial photographer
- Michel camp fire, Odawna-Circle fire, where next?
- NAM1 is a hero; invest in any new scheme he introduces
- Rebuttal: We voted for bread and butter, not a Cathedral
- Simpa Panyin: We have more Menzgolds than you would ever think
- Menzgold saga: Our culture led us to the slaughter
- The argument against the National Cathedral is lame
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: Thank you, Mr President, but…