A picture they say can tell a thousand words. They capture stories, emotions, beauty and special moments. Based on this, a Website Designer has created an online space to house amazing and quality Ghanaian photographs.
Created by a Ghanaian team, Fonibia.com aims at solving everyday problems of designers, bloggers and individual photo enthusiasts in Ghana on one platform as well as connecting them to professional photographers.
Ghana has a unique culture and some amazing things and places to share with the rest of the world. In the past, Africa of which Ghana is part had been poorly represented to the world.
Some photographers in Ghana in recent times have taken it upon themselves to bring out the beautiful part of Ghana through their lenses. Some have captured really beautiful moments, places and people in Ghana but are hardly able to share these with the world.
That is another problem Fonibia.com seeks to solve. On this platform, professional photographers as well as individuals can share their beautifully captured images in Ghana ranging from architecture, nature, personalities, animals and food with the rest of the world with ease.
Professional photographers and other users can sign up to the website for free and upload their pictures. Bloggers, companies and designers may be inspired to download these pictures on Fonibia.com and use them for their projects.
Photo users can send donations to photographers to show appreciation through a feature that easily allows photographers to add their mobile money account number when they sign up on Fonibia.com.
The innovative Ghanaian photo hub will make photo sharing easy not just for image users but also individuals and amateurs who want to share quality pictures captured with their cameras with the rest of the world.
Fonibia was created with a simple determination of getting the best out of the Ghanaian photographer and to help Ghanaian photographers explore and get better online exposure for their wonderful works.
The creators of Fonibia.com, Icynets, develop and maintain websites. While developing a website for a client who needed Ghana pictures for that project, the team at Icynets, led by Mesh Konadu, could hardly find free quality Ghanaian photographs online for the project, hence the birth of Fonibia.com.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- A walk from Independence Avenue to Liberation Road
- J. B. Danquah on naming the Republic
- Marriage: Paradise for hubby, Battlefield for wifey
- The law on the child as object of homicide: Why the need for amendment
- January weddings to be cancelled
- Halting workplace sexual abuses – The life story of a domestic worker
- Mahama’s 2020 bid: A real threat to Nana or a political scarecrow?
- I shot them: Confessions of a serial photographer
- Michel camp fire, Odawna-Circle fire, where next?
- NAM1 is a hero; invest in any new scheme he introduces
- Rebuttal: We voted for bread and butter, not a Cathedral
- Simpa Panyin: We have more Menzgolds than you would ever think
- Menzgold saga: Our culture led us to the slaughter
- The argument against the National Cathedral is lame
- MANASSEH’S FOLDER: Thank you, Mr President, but…