Is ex-president Mahama shielding his security detail who assaulted JOY FM journalist Kwesi Parker-Wilson ?
It’s been two weeks since Joy Fm’s political reporter Kwesi Parker-Wilson was assaulted by security detail of Ex-president John Mahama at the Pentecost University at Sowutuom.
Kwesi Parker-Wilson, a Senior Multimedia Journalist with The Multimedia Group’s Joy FM/JoyNews, among other things, sought to get an exclusive interview with the former President after the former president addressed delegates and students at the University’s assembly hall on the occasion of his 5-day campaign tour in the capital, Accra.
After addressing the delegates the former president was said to have had a meeting with the School’s authorities.
Kwesi Parker-Wilson decided to follow the ex-president for his exclusive interview but the security at the entrance would, however, not allow Parker-Wilson into the building as they claimed it wasn’t open to the media.
An attempt by Parker-Wilson to explain to the security officer that he was with the ex-President and had been covering all his activities, did not go down well with him. “You are challenging my authority” he quoted the security detail as saying.
The assault left the Joy fm journalist visibly bruised with part of his face swollen and his right eye teary with pain. Upon being notified of the incident, the ex-President is said to have personally approached the trembling reporter to apologize.
The former president assured the journalist of an identification parade to ID his assaulter for the necessary punishment to be meted out to the rogue security detail who is a member of the NDC’s vigilante group THE HAWKS.
Two weeks after the incident the former president and his campaign team have flagrantly disregarded their promise by conducting investigations into the assault against Kwesi Parker-Wilson neither have they assembled the security guards for identification.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Samson’s Take: Demos since police lost power of secret injunctions
- Julius Kwesi Hamenoo writes...On the altar of God
- Unpacking the polls: Nigeria edition ( part 1)
- MANASSEH WRITES: Let’s rename Ashanti Region and collapse Brong Ahafo Region
- The soldier who fears the gun
- A dose of TRUTH: The Transport Minister’s failure
- WHAT THE LAW SAYS: On the verdict of a Commission of Inquiry
- Study: The effects of the use of mobile phones on second cycle students in Ghana
- Sex is overhyped
- A love letter to my Valentine
- Don’t reduce 4-year university education; it’s not 3 years everywhere in the world
- Simpa Panyin: Kweku Atta is taking state assets as his share of the spoils of war
- The craze for football is crazy!
- Review of NPP’s performance after 2 years in office
- Sex tourism in Ghana? I beg your pardon