Today, a global icon sleeps that sleep of eternity
Today, Ghana's finest rests that rest of serenity
A quintessential product of Mfantsipim bids us goodbye
An outstanding UN actor, we wave you too, bye
Today we wear our mournful Black and say demirifa due
We pay our last respect as we mournfully walk around your casket
But should we mourn, should we bemoan?
Should we grief for, should we weep for?
Should we hold our chin, should we twist and turn?
But we hear you say: there are moments we weep not
This is a moment we must appreciate a lot
We hear you say, this is not a moment of pain
This is a moment of triumph, a moment of gain
You acted like a Joseph yet wiser than a Pharaoh,
A strong respecter of the Rule of law, an advocate of world peace,
As Head of the united nations, you Put Ghana on the world map,
You made Ghana proud among the comity of nations,
We say thank you, thank you in the millions
Though you lacked at the United Nations, military might
You won often with diplomatic tact and foresight
Your expression of opinion as the UN head was never forceful,
Dignified in style, your expression of opinion was always peaceful
Your win win negotiation skills was well respected
So was your principled toughness equally admired
We say thank you Dr Kofi Annan for being you
And we thank you for the exemplary leadership too.
Doctor, We weep not, we thank you a lot ayeeko
Rest in peace.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- National Cathedral: No Duncan Williams, no!
- Reality Zone With Vicky Wireko: Loving the police - But my beef is…
- Reality Zone With Vicky Wireko: Prince of Wales’s visit – Any significance for Ghana?
- Madina-Adenta Protest: My Perspective
- So what happened to Mahama's security detail who slapped Joy News journo?
- Terminal 3 flooded and so what?
- Current SHS education policy will result in increased cost or mass WASSCE failures
- Samson’s Take: Citizens-rising
- KNUST impasse: Asantehene's intervention timely
- A common struggle: How I battled depression after marriage
- Amidu writes: The Whitaker scenario –Stifling independent investigative agencies of funds
- Achimota School ‘Speachless’
- Re: Was Reform Movement a betrayal of the NDC
- Parliament and the right to information bill
- Dispelling cash transfer myths in Africa