I broke the fine mahogany table of hegemony,
the guillotine is shining and set for the ceremony.
Putsch forth for our mutual rise,
the flag must soar above Moorish heights.
Sling the throat of the traitors that sing our anthem,
pierce a sword through their conscience,
colour palettes birthed by blood, sweat and tears.
Clothed by the celestial apparel of our patriotic vest,
donned in wars by our ancestors first,
bound by the oath of honour to do our best.
You may now summon the sommelier,
and the sous chef for éclair,
after which we shall stir up our soup d’état.
To see and flood the shore with triumph,
The Promise Land.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Year of Return - We must utilise the opportunities
- What does it mean to have excellent education?
- Procurement, awards of architectural project infractions: Who is responsible?
- African democracy and the tribalism problem
- Why I married my enemy
- Is Ghana becoming a divided country?
- The Ivory Tower goes to the marketplace
- Op-ed: Health inequities in management of kidney diseases in Ghana
- Letter to Martin A.B.K. Amidu on his latest epistle
- Ghana’s voluntary national review on SDGs: An all-inclusive process
- Our miscommunicating Parliament wants a new chamber?
- Infrastructure development in Ghana: wealth creation or wealth consumption?
- Punish those who flouted Afoko's bail - OccupyGhana
- Outdated educational system: Reason for massive graduate unemployment
- GJA extends deadline for nomination for 2019 Awards