Editor’s Note: “Words that Never Die” is a weekly installment of compelling quotes from the world’s most influential people. This week, we highlight an excerpt from Efua T. Sutherland’s book “EDUFA.”
Crying the death day of another
Is crying your own death day.
While we mourn for another
We mourn for ourselves.
One’s death is the death of all mankind.
Comfort! Comfort to us all,
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Julius Kwesi Hamenoo writes...On the altar of God
- Unpacking the polls: Nigeria edition ( part 1)
- MANASSEH WRITES: Let’s rename Ashanti Region and collapse Brong Ahafo Region
- The soldier who fears the gun
- A dose of TRUTH: The Transport Minister’s failure
- WHAT THE LAW SAYS: On the verdict of a Commission of Inquiry
- Study: The effects of the use of mobile phones on second cycle students in Ghana
- Sex is overhyped
- A love letter to my Valentine
- Don’t reduce 4-year university education; it’s not 3 years everywhere in the world
- Simpa Panyin: Kweku Atta is taking state assets as his share of the spoils of war
- The craze for football is crazy!
- Review of NPP’s performance after 2 years in office
- Sex tourism in Ghana? I beg your pardon
- Valentine and Mental health: Theorisations on love brewed in an African pot (Part 1)