Editor’s Note: “Words that Never Die” is a weekly installment of compelling quotes from the world’s most influential people. This week, we highlight an excerpt from Efua T. Sutherland’s book “EDUFA.”
Crying the death day of another
Is crying your own death day.
While we mourn for another
We mourn for ourselves.
One’s death is the death of all mankind.
Comfort! Comfort to us all,
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Vincent Letsa Kobla Djokoto writes...June 4, 79
- Rev Kisseadoo writes: Some Easter lessons
- The Golden Stool: A symbol of Asante power and unity
- Djokoto’s Diary: Live from Parliament
- Elizabeth Ohene writes: Constant threats debase us all
- Lorry fare for Jesus
- New Regions: If I were government and regional minister
- Simpa Panyin: From Australia with love
- Young African Leadership Initiative: A tricky soft power tool in Africa?
- Call for National Tree Planting Day and a man’s journey to plant 20m trees in Ghana
- Dr. Wereko-Brobby writes...The ruler and the Monarch
- Harvard graduate heads to Ghana to tackle unemployment
- Seidu Agongo writes: Ghana can only grow when we empower our own
- Thinking out aloud: Mercury in our environment!
- Was the Office of the Special Prosecutor created to gag Martin Amidu?