What a blessing to have fathers! Happy Father's Day to all the father figures in my life and especially to my own Dad. You protect, provide and love me. On this day, I say “Thank You”.
I will not attempt to start with names because the list is endless. Probably this post should have come earlier, having a writer’s block on a day like is frustrating but thank God the father for helping me out with this poem to honour our father’s on this day. Enjoy and stay blessed.
It is a great blessing to have a Father
The one who is life’s potter
Most evident in the Godhead as they foster
He protects, he provides and he loves stronger
His calls, counsel and rod sometimes feel like a bother
He always battles with the balance of making money and having time for the family proper
Looking out for our good and shaping our lives in order
It appears his sacrifices and toil are not appreciated and his weakness becomes an all too familiar fodder
He aims to give his best and dreads that moment to falter
Took care of you or not he is still your father
You do owe him that honour
You have wronged him. He forgives you rather
His mouth and hand carry that rod for you to prosper
Whether he plays soccer, a dishwasher, a lawyer or a doctor
He defies all odds to make you a scholar
Through my attitude and honour I attract the blessing of a father
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Letter to Martin A.B.K. Amidu on his latest epistle
- Ghana’s voluntary national review on SDGs: An all-inclusive process
- Our miscommunicating Parliament wants a new chamber?
- Infrastructure development in Ghana: wealth creation or wealth consumption?
- Punish those who flouted Afoko's bail - OccupyGhana
- Outdated educational system: Reason for massive graduate unemployment
- GJA extends deadline for nomination for 2019 Awards
- J. B. Danquah was never Chief Campaigner or Founder of University of Ghana – Part 3
- Life is both dreadful and wonderful
- To every rule, there is an exception?
- Aftermath of robbery: A scar on victims conscience
- Samson's Take: A heart of love; Applying even criminal law - II
- Djokoto’s Diary: I speak of freedom
- What is in the Quiz Mistress’ bag?
- Why gov't must include private schools in free SHS policy