Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s Black Starlets coach, Fred Osam Duodo has said that his side was cheated in their 1-2 semi final loss to host Togo in the African U-17 Championship game played at the Kegue Stadium on Tuesday.
The coach has focused all blame at the door steps of the Cameroonian referee Omgba Zing who handled the game.
Coach Duodo told the media after the game that “I don’t want to answer questions because we got cheated by the referee.
“He intimidated my boys with unwarranted cards and that made them too cautious to even play their game plan.
“One of our players was even fouled during a goal-mouth struggle which gave Togo the second goal but which the referee blatantly ignored.
”We also had a penalty ignored and severally got punished for no wrong done. We feel cheated and unable to accept the results”.
Referee Zing had been at the centre of inconsistencies when Ghana lost to Nigeria 0-2 at the last group game and the Starlets had done all but publicly protest his usage in the game.
Coach Duodo had a few harsh words for the host who will alongside Ghana, Nigeria and Tunisia represent Africa at the world summit in the Republic of Korea later in the month.
“I will advise my neighbors to prepare well for the World Cup because I have been there and clearly know the consequences of using the back door to get results”.
Ghana relinquished an early lead to lose the game 1-2 to the Young Hawks of Togo.
The Starlets who were nursing a dream of making it treble in the history of the competition did not live up to their potential throughout the the game.
Ghana will next meet Tunisia who were beating 2-0 by Nigeria for the third place position.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GHS condemns attacks on staff, pledges enhanced security measures
7 minutes -
Ghana must strengthen cybersecurity amid online exploitation concerns – Gloria Amenu
29 minutes -
Demand TikTok remove explicit videos of victims – Gloria Amenu urges gov’t
56 minutes -
Gender Ministry must provide psychological care for exploited women – Gloria Amenu
1 hour -
Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices over tariffs ruling
2 hours -
Refrain from mass marketing or public promotional campaigns on virtual assets – BoG to VASPs
3 hours -
Government bans land transit of cooking oil; orders crackdown on customs complicity
3 hours -
NPA engages industry stakeholders on 24-hour economy pilot in petroleum sector
4 hours -
Ablakwa outlines key bilateral agreements with Burkina Faso to boost trade, security and border cooperation
4 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso deepen security ties after terrorists kill 8 Ghanaians in Titao
5 hours -
Luv FM launches 7th edition of Primary Schools Quiz; pupils urged to embrace Ghanaian culture
5 hours -
Nollywood star Michael Dappa stuns fans with big chop ahead of new film role
5 hours -
NPA slams gas ‘shortage’ rumours; assures over one month’s cover
6 hours -
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
6 hours -
Majority Leader fires back at Sefwi protesters
7 hours
