Over 100 illegal structures on a parcel of land opposite Gold House at Kawukudi in Accra have been pulled down by officials of the Ayawaso East Municipal Assembly.
This is to make way for commercial construction of an office complex.
Small businesses, wooden settlements and a gas filling station were affected by the exercise.
While excavators and other earth-moving equipment cleared the structures, occupants and residents looked on helplessly.
Municipal Authorities who spoke to Joy News said there has been a series of engagements with the occupants on the parcel of land since 2018.
According to them, the exercise was not out of place.
But the victims who spoke to Joy News appealed for support.
According to them, they are now homeless and their properties running into a few cedis have been destroyed.
They also accused the Assembly of selective justice since some affected person were allegedly compensated.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail