The nomination of Bono Region Minister-designate, Evelyn Kumi Richardson, has been finally approved by Parliament.
This was after a secret vote was conducted in the House to determine her fate, following objections by Minority members on Parliament’s Appointment Committee.
Out of the 210 total votes cast, 124 voted to have her nomination approved, while 85 Members of Parliament were against it. One vote was destroyed.
The Minority MPs on Parliament’s Appointment Committee did not want the new Minister’s nomination approved over what they described as perjury.
North Tongu MP, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa is one of the MP’s who was against Richardson’s approval
According to them, the nominee reportedly defied a government directive for appointees not to travel out of the country without approval.
She was also accused of allegedly spending $54,000 of state funds on a private trip to Canada while serving as Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) of Sunyani in 2017.
Doubts were also cast on her doctorate degree (Ph.D.) qualification.
Minority members on the Appointment Committee claimed she had bestowed on herself the academic title although she failed to provide proof of such on her curriculum vitae (CV).
It is not known whether or not, she has provided documents to back her claims on the academic qualification.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Allegations of bias against Justice Honyenuga unfounded, Opuni trial can proceed – Supreme Court
- As it happened: Shatta Wale, Medikal each granted ¢100k bail
- CAF Confederation Cup: Hearts of Oak drawn with Algeria’s JS Saoura
- Go to IMF for liquidity support; your finances not good – gov’t told
- Shatta Wale and Medikal each get ¢100k bail
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
Afghan family flee violence for new life in Scotland
DR Congo election chief sworn in amid nomination row
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Dozens keep vigil at Wa Sports Stadium ahead of Immigration Service recruitment exercise
5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
Over 220,000 job opportunities from NAELP not meant for NPP foot soldiers – Abu Jinapor
Clinton’s former aide, Huma Abedin details sex assault by US senator
Brazil senators back criminal charges against Bolsonaro over Covid-19 handling
Message from the Morning Man: Pyoto-Rico
Collector returns Mayan artefact to Guatemala
Just because our relationship ended doesn’t mean I don’t wish you well
Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
Ghanaian artistes urged to use resources available when making music to avoid song theft claims
Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
Retract and apologise for defamatory publication or face court action – Lawyers of Eugene Arhin to Adom-Boakye