Ghana’s largest pentecostal movement has began its campaign to heighten Christian awareness in keeping their environment clean.
The Church of Pentecost deployed its members within the Kaneshie Area to clean up markets in Agbogbloshie and Kaneshie – two of the city’s busiest markets.
Members from the Kaneshie Area which has at least 89 churches poured into the streets, cleaning gutters, eradicating filth, a physical co-relation of Christ’s cleansing work in sinner’s hearts.
The Church’s nationwide campaign was launched November 2018 as a year-long activity to support government’s sanitation efforts.
It is a social responsibility element of the church’s new vision – “Possessing the nations”. Dubbed “the Environmental Care Campaign”, the Area head Apostle Mike Etrue leads pastors, presbyters and members in the exercise which attracted rave commendation of market women and hawkers.
Pastors, Joseph Asamoah Boakye of Mataheko District, George Prah Amonoo of Darkuman District and Alex K. Anum of Kwashieman District worked the gutters.
Other presbyters such as the Presiding Elder of English Assembly of the Kwashieman District, Bright Clottey also mobilised youths in the young assembly to participate in the exercise.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
Onion Sellers Association thank Akufo-Addo for relocation to Adjen Kotoku
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Stop conniving with foreign tile makers to shortchange Ghana – Mireku Duker to illegal clay miners
What makes a successful entrepreneur? – SamBoad Group CEO tells young Ghanaians
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions
Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage