The 2019 International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES) gathered thousands of youth across the globe in Ghana for a three-day impactful service.
It commenced on Wednesday, August 21 and ended on Friday, August 23 at the National Theatre in Accra.
All three days had high patronage but the final had the venue overflowing with people because the space at the National Theatre could not contain the crowd.
Young people were motivated through speeches and interactions with Archbishop Duncan-Williams, Rev. Eastwood Anaba and CEO of the National Youth Authority, Emmanuel Asigiri.
Other speakers included CEO of National Entrepreneurship and Innovations Plan (NEIP), John A. Kumah, MD for SIC Life Savings and Loans, Amma Frimpomaa Dwumah, M.P for Korle Klottey constituency, Zanetor Rawlings and Lawyer Justin Koduah.
Sarkodie, Jackie Appiah, Chioma Akpotha, Ama K Abrebrese, Andy Dosty, Abeiku Santana, DJ Switch, Joe Mettle, SP Kofi Sarpong, Ohemaa Mercy, MOG, Cece Twum, Funny Face, Nikki Somonas, Salinko, Mr Eventuary and other celebrities were present for the event.
Samira Bawumia, the wife of Ghana’s Vice President, addressed the gathering via a video clip that was shown on the final day.
Founder of IYES, Brian Amoateng ministered to the youth as well as his brothers; Sampson Amoateng and Daniel Amoateng.
Leaders and volunteers of IYES cut a cake to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the summit.
The International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES) 2019 was powered by Hitz FM and Joy Prime.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer