The 2020 Baah-Wiredu Memorial Lecture is currently underway at the Kofi Annan Centre for ICT Excellence, in Accra.
This year’s lecture is titled; “Protecting the Public Purse – the Media and Fighting Corruption in the 4th Republic of Ghana”, which will be delivered by ace undercover journalist Manasseh Azure Awuni.
The Kwadwo Baah-Wiredu Memorial Lecture has been held annually since its inception in 2014 to commemorate the life and works of Kwadwo Baah-Wiredu, a chartered accountant, politician, and public servant who died in office while serving as Ghana’s Finance Minister under the erstwhile Kuffuor administration.
One of his many beliefs was that “Public Service was an honour and recognition which was to be reciprocated through excellence in performance and training at all times”
This year’s lecture seeks to explore how the media holds the government of the day accountable and ensures transparency in this 4th Republic.
The event will be chaired by Professor Audrey Gadzekpo of the School of Communication Studies, University of Ghana, Legon.
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Renowned advertising personality, Torgbor Mensah passes on
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- We’ll settle the 2024 elections ‘anyway-anyhow’ – Afriyie Ankrah
Current climate not the main cause of lower species diversity in Africa’s tropical forests – Research
Mali expels ECOWAS envoy amid pressure over polls
Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi’s parents living in Libya
Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong convicted and fined on drug charges
US calls for ‘unconditional return’ to civilian rule
‘Why I returned to Boko Haram and how I escaped’
Covid-19 vaccines: Paediatricians on frontlines of child jab plan
Covid-19: Don’t worry about touching door handles – GHS
Ghana to receive over 6.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines at the end of 2021 – GHS
Farmer, 38 jailed 15 years for incest
We did not thumbprint one million ballots – EC
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Man sues Apple for refusing to fix his iPhone
Farmer sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Abordom
Japan’s Princess Mako marries boyfriend Kei Komuro