On September 19, government through the Minister of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development, Dan Botwe released the list of nominees for the Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) positions.
Out of the 260 nominees, 38 are females whiles 222 are males.
If approved by their respective Assemblies, they will assist President Akufo-Addo at the local government level during his second term.
Mr Dan Botwe during a meeting with the press, affirmed this, “Regional Directors of the Electoral Commission will on Monday get in touch with the Presiding Members of the various Assemblies and start the process of confirming the President’s nominees,” he said.
Tonight on JoyNews, PM Express took a critical look at the list presented by government.
In a one-on-one interview, host, Evans Mensah interacted with Mr Dan Botwe to address issues such as few female representations, raised by some members of the general public.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll rises to 1,172
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo
We reject Mahama’s scoring of 2020 elections as one of the worst – EC