Corona a Crown
Thief of normal
You are a misnomer
Hug, shake, side kiss, I dare not
This is absolutely abnormal
You have birthed a new normal
A new normal that says to love is to stay apart
To touch is to self-destruct
Scene 1 Scene 2 this is a terrible act
Thou thief of normal, I want my life back.
You remain arcane
to keep you at bay,
is the new task.
Beauty on her face she now must mask
Numbers interned is what we all ask.
What a terrible normal.
To wine and Dine
Is no more mine.
Dance at the bar is over the bar.
My Cuban puff I dare not cigar
Out and about
is tantamount to flout. The rule of the day
is home we must stay
To feel is now virtual
To meet one must dial
You think you wear a crown?
You feel you are the king of the town?
Happy not! Cos we’ll bring you down.
Somehow, we shall overcome.
The writer, Senyo Hosi is the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors. He is also a Member of a social action group, OneGhana Movement.
- The Ghanaian Harvard student who got America talking with a donation of her $40k scholarship
- Court issues bench warrant for arrest of Jomoro MP
- ‘Over here he might not be voted Ghanaian of the Month’ – Manasseh Azure on Akufo-Addo’s Forbes recognition
- Minority files motion for rejection of First Deputy Speaker’s ruling on the 2022 Budget
- Land guards allegedly set ablaze newly built police station in Tenbibian
- GOIL expected to reduce fuel prices by ¢0.15 effective today – Kennedy Osei Nyarko
- ECG shuts down Yilo Krobo office over threats against staff, property
- Akuapem Poloo files Notice of Appeal against 90-day jail term
- Finance Minister submits modified 2022 Budget to Parliament
- IGP Dampare celebrates Farmers’ Day with cocoa farmers at Kwaafokrom
Plan well before taking steps – AB Crentsil to young entertainers
Rotary Club awards 30 girls of Old Lashibi JHS for excelling in essay competition
Ashanti Regional Health Service targets 500k people for vaccination in December
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘1 teacher, 1 laptop’ controversy
Oforikrom to become organic farming hub
‘I take full responsibility and apologize for my actions in the Chamber’ – Ashaiman MP
Channel funds to completing Blekusu Coastal Project not feasibility studies – Sam George to government
Restore our electoral rights – SALL residents remind EC
Robert and Sons cautions against self-medication for the eye
Minority files motion for rejection of First Deputy Speaker’s ruling on the 2022 Budget
37 women honoured at 37th National Farmers Day
Chairman of NPP USA Tallahassee Chapter calls for a united front towards 2024 elections
‘One year on, #4more or #NoMore?’ – Sam George quizzes
ECG shuts down Tema Oil Refinery over ¢27m debt
E-levy: Ghana’s projected $1.15 bn return is a sign of weak policy formulation and prior research – Bright Simons