Mampongteng Police in the Ashanti Region have discovered another lifeless body on Saturday dawn.
This brings to three the number of persons found dead with severe injuries suggesting they were killed over the past three days in the region.
The murder of a 33-year-old headteacher of Atonsu-based Rogel Montesorri Basic School occurred on Sunday, July, 4 at Feyiase New site.
Israel Agyei Manu’s was decapitated by 32-year-old Rashid Ibrahim who was arrested on Sunday by police. Rashid confessed to police investigators he killed Agyei for money rituals.
Another middle-aged man was killed at Pankrono-Estate in the Old Tafo Constituency on Monday dawn.
The deceased, who was wearing a red jersey, is yet to be identified. His head was butchered with some cuts around the throat.
Again, on Saturday, July 3, a 38-year-old male body was found by a footbridge at Mamponteng Korea in Kwabre East Municipality.
According to police sources, Kwabena Sarpong was last seen with his friend hours before the incident.
The body, according to police sources, had physical injuries and was lying on the floor with a pair of trousers on.
“The marks suggest he was beaten,” the source told JoyNews about the deceased mechanic.
Substances from the mouth suggest Kwabena vomited.
Kwabena’s relatives are pointing accusing fingers at his friends whose names are still unknown.
They told police the friend is yet to be located after the incident occurred.
The body has been deposited at the Ankaase Methodist Faith Hospital morgue for autopsy while investigations continue.
- Former MP and Regional Minister, Ama Benyiwa Doe has passed on
- Playback: Government updates nation on list of MMDCEs nominees
- Full list: Local Government Ministry releases MMDCE nominees
- Government to update nation on MMDCEs appointment list
- 38 females and 222 males have been nominated for MMDCEs role
- MMDCEs List: Accept Akufo-Addo’s nominees, eschew acrimony and rancor – Makafui Woanyah urges NPP faithful
- Preview: Hearts of Oak v CI Kamsar – Prediction, team news, lineups
- Guinea junta brushes off impact of ECOWAS sanctions
- MMDCEs Appointment: Police arrest ringleaders in Odododiodoo protest
- Former Kumasi Mayor appointed NSS Executive Director
WAEC, Education Minister to be called before Parliament over WASSCE leakages – Nortsu-Kotoe
Police deploy personnel to check disturbances following announcement of MMDCEs list
Phone thief sentenced to 4 years imprisonment
Playback: The Probe discusses WASSCE leakages
CAF CL: Hearts see off CI Kamsar thanks to two late goals
Denying beneficiaries their entitlement from a deceased’s estate is punishable by law – Minkah-Premo
Accept MMDCE Nominees – Savannah region NPP Secretary
Photos: Second mini-clinic of JoyNews-Ecobank Habitat Fair ends
Remain law-abiding throughout your stay – Ambassador to Ghanaians in Saudi Arabia
I will consult broadly – New Mayor of Tamale
Duration of marriage before death of spouse immaterial to inheritance rights – Minkah-Premo
‘Baby mamas’ and ‘side chicks’ are not entitled to deceased’s property – Minkah-Premo
Former Kumasi Mayor appointed NSS Executive Director
Gender dynamics of MMDCE appointees as 14.62% women are nominated
38 females and 222 males have been nominated for MMDCEs role