Police in Nigeria say they are searching for those who appear in a video circulating on social media showing last week’s lynching of a female student in the northern city of Sokoto.
Deborah Samuel, a Christian student, was accused of blasphemy for insulting Islam at a college – prompting an angry reaction from some Muslim students.
She was killed by a mob, who set her body alight last Thursday.
Two suspects were arrested at the time but denied involvement when they appeared in court on Monday.
Police spokesperson Sanusi Abubakar said others had fled the scene and could be spotted in the video.
He urged the public to support officers in their hunt for these suspects.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola