Audio By Carbonatix
The Police has secured an injunction from an Accra High Court to indefinitely prevent a group from picketing on or anywhere around Parliament.
Last week, the group, Justice for Ghana announced its intention to indefinitely occupy the forecourt of Parliament on Wednesday, as part of its protest against the 2022 budget.
But in a statement on Tuesday, the Police said they have secured a court order to restrain the group from occupying Parliament and its surroundings.
According to the Police, the decision was necessary to safeguard the security and public health of MPs, the general public and demonstrators.

The statement, however, noted that the Service had put in place adequate measures for the planned demonstration except the premises of Parliament which the group had earlier indicated they will occupy.
Convener of the group, Bernard Mornarh Speaking on Top Story on Thursday said, “We will be there. People will come, others will be joining us from the Regions and some communities as the days go by. I can assure you that region by region, every day, people will move from one region to come and join.”
Justice for Ghana wants a complete withdrawal of the e-Levy from the budget.
After a meeting with the Police on Thursday, December 2, 2021, the group said they have been assured security for a peaceful protest.
Latest Stories
-
Prof Peprah says Gold Board’s biggest threat isn’t gold, it’s financing
6 minutes -
US agency sues Coca-Cola bottler over employee event that excluded men
34 minutes -
German court orders X to grant data access for Hungary election research
45 minutes -
Use today’s gold windfall to insure Ghana’s future – Prof Peprah urges gov’t
57 minutes -
Create a Gold Stabilisation Fund now, or pay later – Finance Prof tells gov’t
1 hour -
Gold Board is good, but Ghana must prepare for the fall – Prof Peprah
2 hours -
Don’t let Gold Board become the next COCOBOD – Finance professor warns
2 hours -
Ivory Coast considers following Ghana with cocoa price cut, sources say
2 hours -
Microsoft says it does not think US ICE uses firm’s tech for mass surveillance of civilians
3 hours -
You’re never too old, says dancer, 71, cast in Taylor Swift video
3 hours -
Fake vice presidential staffer remanded over visa fraud
5 hours -
Mobile money vendor in court for stealing
5 hours -
Eleven remanded over land guard case activities
5 hours -
Air Force One set for makeover paint job with new colours
5 hours -
Bodo/Glimt stun Inter Milan to continue fairytale
6 hours
