The 2016 Flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has congratulated Togbe Afede XIV on his election as president of National House of Chiefs.
Nana Akufo-Addo's message comes a day after the Agbogbomefia of the Asogli State beat three others, Awulae Atibrukusu III the Omanhene of the Lower Axim area, the vice president of the house, the Okyenhene Osagyefuo Amotia Ofori Panin and Nana Kwabena Nketia VI, the Omanhene of the Essikado Traditional area to become the president of the National House of Chiefs.
Below is an official statement from Nana Akufo-Addo on the election of Togbe Afede:
This is to congratulate warmly TogbeAfede XIV, Paramount Chief of the Asogli State, on his election as the President of the National House of Chiefs, which took place on Thursday, November 24, 2016.
His predecessor, Naa Professor John Nabila, is also to be commended for steering the affairs of the House successfully over the last 8 years.
I am confident that TogbeAfede XIV will bring his wealth of experience to bear in the discharge of his duties to the House, and in the shaping of the national discourse, as we seek to build a progressive and prosperous nation.
I wish him well.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- 2019 Budget: NPP's high sounding promises out of touch with reality- Fifi Kwetey
- 2019 Budget: “Listen to us often": Minority mocks revision of 35% income tax policy
- 2019 budget "dead on arrival" - Minority
- Amidu to get ¢180m to fight corruption
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims
- Akufo-Addo’s Free SHS policy law plan a joke – Minority