The President of the Brong Ahafo Regional House of Chiefs has appealed to president-elect Nana Akufo-Addo to forgive all those who wronged him during the electioneering campaigns.
Nana Pimampim Yaw Kagbrese IV, who is also Omanhene of Yeji called on the president-elect not to take any of the offensive comments to heart but embrace everyone.
“I observed during the run-up to the elections that many unpleasant comments were made against you, I will urge you to forgive all those who offended you,” the chief who endorsed President Mahama’s second term bid said.
Akufo-Addo was obviously the most vilified presidential candidate prior to the December polls.
His opponents and their supporters, including President Mahama attacked his personality and leadership style describing him as a dictator and an intolerant leader.
But, Nana Kagbrese IV urged Mr. Akufo-Addo to be a father of the nation and let go any comments from groups or individuals that may have hurt his personality.
“There is an adage that encourages parents to forgive their children when they offend them. Don’t take anything to heart,” he said.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs