The President of the Brong Ahafo Regional House of Chiefs has appealed to president-elect Nana Akufo-Addo to forgive all those who wronged him during the electioneering campaigns.
Nana Pimampim Yaw Kagbrese IV, who is also Omanhene of Yeji called on the president-elect not to take any of the offensive comments to heart but embrace everyone.
“I observed during the run-up to the elections that many unpleasant comments were made against you, I will urge you to forgive all those who offended you,” the chief who endorsed President Mahama’s second term bid said.
Akufo-Addo was obviously the most vilified presidential candidate prior to the December polls.
His opponents and their supporters, including President Mahama attacked his personality and leadership style describing him as a dictator and an intolerant leader.
But, Nana Kagbrese IV urged Mr. Akufo-Addo to be a father of the nation and let go any comments from groups or individuals that may have hurt his personality.
“There is an adage that encourages parents to forgive their children when they offend them. Don’t take anything to heart,” he said.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project