The Police in Koforidua-Effiduase have arrested 35-year-old Kwesi Boadu for allegedly threatening to set ablaze the residence of Haruna Apaw-Wiredu, the NDC parliamentary candidate for New Juaben north constituency.
The suspect, who is believed to be a member of the NPP, together with some young men reportedly pelted the house with stones at Asokore-Zongo.
A police patrol team and some young men apprehended the suspect who hid in a nearby house after they got wind of police presence there.
The other suspects are at large.
Meanwhile, the Eastern regional police command is meeting with the NDC and NPP parliamentary candidates and a few of their followers at the police headquarters to find ways to deal with the issues that led to clashes at the weekend.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Group slams MPs over "archaic" interruption during 2019 budget reading
- 2019 Budget: NPP's high sounding promises out of touch with reality- Fifi Kwetey
- 2019 Budget: “Listen to us often": Minority mocks revision of 35% income tax policy
- 2019 budget "dead on arrival" - Minority
- Amidu to get ¢180m to fight corruption
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims