The election to find a replacement for Naa Professor John Nabila, President of the National House of Chiefs would see four renowned chiefs gunning for the position.
The Okyenhene Osagyefuo Amoatia Ofori Panin, King of the Akyem Abuakwa State in the Eastern Region would be battling out with the Agbogbomefia of the Asogli State in the Volta Region, Togbe Afede XIV.
The others include Vice President of the House, Awulae Attibrukusu III the Omanhene of the Lower Axim Traditional Area and Nana Kobina Nketia V, Omanhene of Essikado Traditional Area.
Three other chiefs have also filed their nominations to contest for the Vice President position of the House.
The election which comes on Thursday has coincided with the one-week celebration of the passing of the late Asantehemaa, Afia Kobi Ampem who died on November 14.
The Queen Mother, 111, had served as the royal mother for all the royal families in the Asante Kingdom for 39 years.
Naa Professor John Nabila has served his term as leader of the House from 2008. He succeeded Odeneho Gyapong Ababio II, the Omanhene of the Sefwi-Bekwai Traditional Area.
He contested Daasebre Professor Oti Boateng, Paramount Chief of the New Juabeng Traditional Area in an election conducted in 2008 which saw him winning 34 out of the total 47 votes.
The eight years of Naa Professor John Nabila saw him overseeing issues relating to chieftaincy lands and ethnic disputes in the country.
However, his critics have accused him of delaying in addressing the installation of new chiefs after stools or skins have become vacant.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Video: NDC explains dragged National Executive elections
- Video: NDC delegates have regretted voting me out - Boateng Gyan boasts
- Video: Nduom’s party “ready for strategic partnership in 2020”
- Video: This is the "worst" NDC congress - Angry delegate declares
- NDC decides: The ‘big 3’ who have bowed out
- Asiedu Nketia's days as overlord are over – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC delegates will elect new executives - Spio-Garbrah predicts
- Bawumia, Ofori-Atta need to check meaning of social intervention – Haruna jabs
- You’re either a witch or wizard if you don’t support Mahama – Allotey Jacobs
- Photos: NDC delegates elect new executives
- NDC delegates involved in car crash
- Mahama criticises govt's 'inept' handling of banking crisis
- Take your own advice – Rawlings tells NDC leaders
- We are also citizens, not spectators - Mahama replies Akufo-Addo
- Live NDC Congress: Contestant for Deputy National Organiser concedes defeat