Some 150 executives of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) from Ellembele Constituency of the Western Region, have lay siege to the party’s head office in Accra to demand the original copy of the voters’ register.
The aggrieved constituency executives from the 122 polling stations say they will resist attempts by the leadership of the party in the Region and acting National Chairman, Freddie Blay, to disenfranchise them.
The governing party is preparing to hold constituency, regional and national elections in January 2018, which Mr Blay currently a Vice Chair and acting Chair, is contesting to become the substantive Chairperson.
The aggrieved officers say Mr Blay may be up to some mischief, hence the delay in releasing their register, JoyNews’ Latiff Iddris reported on the Midday News Thursday.
“Their demand is so simple; they are saying they need their copy of the party register and added they will teach Blay a lesson,” the reporter told Anchor, Emefa Apawu.
At the time of filing the report, acting General Secretary of the party, John Boadu was in a meeting with executives of the party from the Western Region to resolve the issue.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Photos: Samira Bawumia honoured by Adventist Church in Kumasi
- Double track system causing teenage pregnancies – Ofosu Ampofo
- Mahama in Abuja for ICT confab on Africa's electoral systems
- “She could have done better”: NPP MP condemns Foreign Minister's conduct
- Mahama scheming to rig NDC presidential primaries – NPP claims
- Okudzeto presents allegations of inflated embassy building in Norway
- Video: Heated exchanges as Minister confronts Okudzeto over $12m inflated purchase
- Any favoured NDC presidential aspirant is a weak candidate – Prof. Alabi
- Medical drones saga: Get your priorities right, don’t copy blindly - Mahama
- Minority claims gov't blows $12m on embassy building
- Ghana's international image restored – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo alarmed over turf war in Ghana's missions
- Creation of new regions: EC confident of reducing spoilt ballot
- The trial of JJ Rawlings – Rawlings commends Kojo Yankah
- NDC opens nominations for late Agyarko's seat