Some 150 executives of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) from Ellembele Constituency of the Western Region, have lay siege to the party’s head office in Accra to demand the original copy of the voters’ register.
The aggrieved constituency executives from the 122 polling stations say they will resist attempts by the leadership of the party in the Region and acting National Chairman, Freddie Blay, to disenfranchise them.
The governing party is preparing to hold constituency, regional and national elections in January 2018, which Mr Blay currently a Vice Chair and acting Chair, is contesting to become the substantive Chairperson.
The aggrieved officers say Mr Blay may be up to some mischief, hence the delay in releasing their register, JoyNews’ Latiff Iddris reported on the Midday News Thursday.
“Their demand is so simple; they are saying they need their copy of the party register and added they will teach Blay a lesson,” the reporter told Anchor, Emefa Apawu.
At the time of filing the report, acting General Secretary of the party, John Boadu was in a meeting with executives of the party from the Western Region to resolve the issue.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Veep reiterates gov’t’s resolve to improve Zongos
- Governance expert pushes for law on selection of regional capitals
- Mahama urged to submit his evidence to Emile Short Commission
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability