Members of the National Executive Committee of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) led by their Chairman, Kofi Poturphy on Tuesday paid a visit to The Multimedia Group to commiserate with them following the sudden death of one of its star presenters, Kwadwo Asare Baffuor Acheampong.
Briefing the management and staff of the company, the General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia praised the late host of popular afternoon political talk show, Ekosii Sen on Asempa FM, for his professional and objective handling of the programme.
He described KABA as one who will be difficult to replace and encouraged the staff to be strong in such a difficult time.
Mr. Asiedu Nketia pledged the NDC’s support for the funeral arrangements to ensure the late broadcaster is given a befitting burial.
Management announced to the delegation that, a ceremony to observe the one week of KABA’s passing on Saturday, November 25 at the premises of The Multimedia Group, Kokomemle, Accra, where the family will put out dates for the funeral and burial activities.
They later took turns to sign the book of condolence opened at the front desk of Multimedia, in memory of KABA.
The delegation then left for the Abeka residence of KABA, to also console the widow, Valentina Asare Baffour as well as their seven-month-old baby girl, Nana Yaa.
General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress signs book of condolence on behalf of his party
Chief Biney, (left) member of the NDC Communication team and a colleague
Mr Sammy Yirenkyi exchange greatings with the delegation
National Chairman of the NDC Mr Kofi Porturfy,(left) Vice Chairman Mr Samuel Ofosu Ampofo and Mr Solomon Nkansah, a member of NDC Communication team
Joy News Managing Editor Elvis Kwashie leads Multimedia staff to welcome the NDC delegation
Mr Porturfy shakes hand a member of the delegation
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Minority takes on Speaker over “capricious” action
- New Regions debate: Minority walks out of Parliament
- IMANI's first budget analysis on energy
- Group slams MPs over "archaic" interruption during 2019 budget reading
- 2019 Budget: NPP's high sounding promises out of touch with reality- Fifi Kwetey
- 2019 Budget: “Listen to us often": Minority mocks revision of 35% income tax policy
- 2019 budget "dead on arrival" - Minority
- Amidu to get ¢180m to fight corruption
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president