The Manhyia Palace has officially announced its support for the Asantehene's Mawerehene in the upcoming Ashanti Region Council of State race slated for next week.
Secretary to Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, Kofi Owusu Boateng, who confirmed the news at a press conference at the Manhyia Palace on Saturday said the Kumasi overlord has cleared Baffour Hyiaman Brentuo VI to represent the interest of Manhyia at the seat of government.
A medical practitioner by profession, Baffour Hyiaman Brentuo VI is a traditional ruler and a special aide to the Asantehene.
The head of the Manwere Division of the Kumasi Traditional Council is also the managing editor of the New Nation Times newspaper.
He is a Staunch Catholic, knighted to the rank of Past Grand Knight (PGK) of the Noble Order of the “Knights and Ladies of Marshall” Council 3 in Kumasi.
Mawerehene told the press when given the nod he would want to push for a law that would require all gold exported from the country to be refined.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
He says the move will sanitize mining of the precious metal, reduce the effects of illegal mining and ensure more financial benefit to the country from the mining sector.
He is also looking forward to executing a Manhyia Palace idea of creating a modern Kumasi City, which he says will factor Nana Akufo-Addo’s one district one factory to create jobs.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020
- Bawumia promises passage of RTI bill in 2019
- Sylvester Mensah launches fundraising shortcode
- Kufuor fights "sensationalised" reportage on ex-gratia comment
- Mahama, Kufuor and Rawlings all eligible to contest for President – Dr Oduro Osae
- I am in for grassroots because I am one of them- Nurideen Iddrisu
- NDC race: Mahama's sponsors 'barred' from primaries committee
- HIPC helped restore donor confidence in “flat” economy – Kufuor
- NDC going broke weeks after election loss strange - Sly Mensah
- Wontumi to challenge Mahama's '3rd term' bid at Supreme Court