It was a big day in Parliament as EC Boss, Charlotte Osei appeared before lawmakers to answer questions about some missing money at the Commission.
The EC Chair was summoned following an urgent question filed by Subin MP Eugene Antwi over a discrepancy in the Commission’s 2017 financial statement.
EC boss, Charlotte Osei with one of her deputies, Amadu Sulley
The EC charged ¢10 from journalists for accreditation and ¢5 for replacement of lost voter’s ID cards but these monies were not captured in its statement.
But in her response, the EC boss said it was an oversight.
She explained the accreditation money was handed to the printers while the one generated from the replacement of cards are intact in the Commission’s bank account.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Volkswagen, Nissan, Sinotruk to begin assembling duties in 2019- Akufo-Addo
- Now we are ready to compete, win- Goozie Tanoh
- We should have been part of the Council of Elders' meeting- Mahama protests
- EC Logo change: We owe Charlotte Osei an apology- Inusah Fuseini
- Kojo Bonsu withdraws from NDC flagbearership race
- Elikplim opts out of NDC race; throws weight behind Mahama
- Statement: Mahama's message on National Farmers' Day
- Photos: NDC's 'disgruntled 8' meet Jerry Rawlings
- Race to lead NDC: Goosie Tanoh picks forms on D-day
- Dagbon Regent raises concerns with mediation process
- Akufo-Addo commissions $40m diaper factory under 1D1F
- Amewu withdraws Ameri agreement; submits renegotiated deal
- NPP National Executives visit Kufuor ahead of grand 80th birthday
- NDC flagbearer race: National Organiser apologises to ‘Disgruntled 8’
- NDC Elders praised over flagbearer filing fee interventions