Sitting in Parliament has resumed after a brief suspension following concerns raised by the Minority on the Speaker's failure to acknowledge its members.
The Minority is upset its intervention into the ongoing discussion on the government's 2018 Fiscal Year Budget was not taken by Speaker Professor Aaron Mike Ocquaye Thursday.
Joy News' Parliamentary Correspondent, Joseph Gakpo reported former Energy Minister, Emmanuel Kofi Buah was called by the Speaker but the Minority Chief Whip and his deputy rose to make an intervention.
But the Speaker did not acknowledge their intervention, the reporter said.
Mr Buah reportedly said he will not speak if the Speaker did not take the intervention of his leaders.
Displeased by the former Minister's response, the Speaker said he would give the opportunity to Majority members, a development that was not accepted by the Minority.
Feeling disrespected, the Minority registered its displeasure, with its members' shouting in a form of protest.
The Minority's action led to the suspension of proceedings.
But sitting resumed after the Speaker met with the leadership of the House over the matter.
"Sitting has resumed after the meeting," the reporter said.
The Speaker immediately allowed the Minority to raise its concerns, which had to do with the Legislative Instrument (LI) on the creation of new districts.
The opposition lawmakers say they want the L.I to be withdrawn because there was an error during the laying process.
In another development, Energy Minister Boakye Agyarko has told Parliament the Committee set up to investigate the BOST fuel contamination saga is almost ready with its report.
He said the government will soon issue a white paper on the report which will be made available to the public.
Mr Agyarko also noted the interim measures put in place to forestall future fuel contamination has helped to sanitise the system.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Asiedu Nketia's days as overlord are over – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC delegates will elect new executives - Spio-Garbrah predicts
- Bawumia, Ofori-Atta need to check meaning of social intervention – Haruna jabs
- You’re either a witch or wizard if you don’t support Mahama – Allotey Jacobs
- Photos: NDC delegates elect new executives
- NDC delegates involved in car crash
- Mahama criticises govt's 'inept' handling of banking crisis
- Take your own advice – Rawlings tells NDC leaders
- We are also citizens, not spectators - Mahama replies Akufo-Addo
- Live NDC Congress: Voting begins
- Race to fix the lame horse? NDC goes to polls
- Minority takes on Speaker over “capricious” action
- New Regions debate: Minority walks out of Parliament
- IMANI's first budget analysis on energy
- Group slams MPs over "archaic" interruption during 2019 budget reading