President Nana Akufo-Addo will from October 2 to October 8, embark on a 7-day tour of the three Northern regions, as part of his tour of the country.
He will begin his tour with a 2-day visit to the Upper West Region, where, he will on Monday, inspect and commission the Wa Water Supply Project. He will later, in the day, meet with the Upper West Regional House of Chiefs, in Wa.
The President will round off his tour of the Upper West Region with visits to Lawra, Nandom, Sissala and Tumu, where he will interact with the Chiefs and people of these towns.
On Wednesday, he commencing a 2-day tour of the Upper East Region with a durbar of Chiefs in Bolgatanga, and a visit to the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital. He will also visit the Vea dam, Tamne dam, and inspect ongoing works on the Bolgatanga-Bawku Road.
On Friday, 6th October, President Akufo-Addo will begin his 3-day tour of the Northern Region with a courtesy call on the overlord of Mamprugu land, the Nayiri, Naa Bohigu Abdulai Mahami Sheriga.
At Damongo, on the same day, the President is expected to call on the overlord of Gonjaland, the Yagbonwura, Tuntumba Boresa I.
At Yendi, on Saturday, 7th October, the President will call on the Regent of Dagbon, the Kampakuya Na, Yakubu Abdulai Andani II; and the Bolin Lana, Mahamadu Abdulai. The President will also be in the Saboba constituency to interact with residents.
President Akufo-Addo will round off his tour of the Northern Region on Sunday, 8th October, with a visit to Salaga, where he will pay a courtesy call on the Kpembewura, Babanye Ndefosu II.
In the run-up to the December 2016 election, on September 1, 2016, the Kpembewura predicted a 53% margin of victory for the then-presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Nana Akufo-Addo, when the latter paid a courtesy call on him as part of his campaign tour of the Northern Region.
The President ends his tour of Northern Region with a visit to the Avnash Rice Mills in Nyankpala, in the Tolon constituency, before returning to Accra.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Asiedu Nketia's days as overlord are over – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC delegates will elect new executives - Spio-Garbrah predicts
- Bawumia, Ofori-Atta need to check meaning of social intervention – Haruna jabs
- You’re either a witch or wizard if you don’t support Mahama – Allotey Jacobs
- Photos: NDC delegates elect new executives
- NDC delegates involved in car crash
- Mahama criticises govt's 'inept' handling of banking crisis
- Take your own advice – Rawlings tells NDC leaders
- We are also citizens, not spectators - Mahama replies Akufo-Addo
- Live NDC Congress: Voting drags, sleeping continues
- Race to fix the lame horse? NDC goes to polls
- Minority takes on Speaker over “capricious” action
- New Regions debate: Minority walks out of Parliament
- IMANI's first budget analysis on energy
- Group slams MPs over "archaic" interruption during 2019 budget reading