A claimant to the Ga stool has cautioned Greater Accra Regional Minister, Ishmael Nii Ashitey to desist from interfering in their chieftaincy crisis.
The spokesperson of Boni Nii Tackie Adama Latse II, claimed the Minister and Regional Security Council (REGSEC) have been working behind the scene to impose a leader on them.
At a news conference in Accra Friday, Yaote Otoga II said they will resist attempts to enstool any other person apart from Boni Nii Tackie Adama Latse II.
Related Article: Tension in Accra as new Ga Mantse is installed
The Ga chieftaincy crisis has been stoked with a renewed tension after one Dr Kelvin Tackie was installed as the new Ga Chief with the stool name Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II last Friday.
Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II
Within minutes, a letter purportedly from the Office of the Ga Mantse described as “illegal” the installation of Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II.
The factions clashed Wednesday at the palace of Ga Mantse triggering a heavy police presence.
The crisis dates back to 2006 when Chief Warrior of Ga Mashie, Nii Owula Kpakpa Blofonyo known traditionally as the Akwashong Mantse challenged the occupant of the stool.
Related Article: Greater Accra Caucus to 'intervene' in Ga Mashie chieftaincy dispute
The Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs had scheduled to rule on the matter in 2011, but this was not done.
Yaote Otoga II who is the Paramount Stool Dzaasetse claimed Dr Tackie took advantage of his relationship with the Regional Minister and closeness to the government to be made the Ga Mantse.
“We have given every requisite document and information [relating to the legitimacy of] Tackie Adama to REGSEC but it [appears] it was determined to use police [to have its way],” he said.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Sylvester Mensah is intellectually fit for the presidency - NDC Chairman supports
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo