Several hundreds of supporters of the opposition National Democratic Congress have converged in Kumasi for the much heralded Ashanti Region unity walk.
The walk has been a key feature of the opposition party’s itinerary to reunite the rank and file after losing the 2016 elections.
According to Luv FM’s Prince Appiah the walk has already started in earnest with supporters clad in their party paraphernalia chanting party songs.
The walk he said, started at the Aboabo post office with the supporters heading towards the Manhyia round after which they will converge at the Asawase MA school park to be addressed by leading members of the party.
Ex-president John Mahama who has been a key patron of previous unity walks in the other regions is present.
Other former government appointees including Julius Debrah who was the ex-Chief of Staff, former Deputy Power Minister John Jinapor, ex- Deputy Ashanti Region Minister Joseph Yamin, former Mayor Kojo Bonsu and Asawase MP Muntaka Mubarak are all present, Appiah stated.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Rearing for food and jobs will develop livestock industry – Akufo-Addo
- Commonwealth honours High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC