The president, Nana Akufo-Addo is set to announce his first ever ministerial reshuffle but is likely to maintain the number of appointees at 110.
The object of the reshuffle may be to inject freshness in the administration with the president shifting his men and women around with very little casualties.
However, Myjoyonline.com has learnt Women and Children’s Affairs minister Otiko Afisa Djaba is likely to be one of the few casualties in a reshuffle that may come as a surprise to some.
She may not be the only person out without a job. Sanitation Minister Kofi Adda may also be on his way out.
The Information Minister Mustapha Hamid may likely be moved to the Ministry of Zongo development and will see one of his deputies Kojo Oppong Nkrumah elevated to the substantive office.
Aviation Minister Cecilia Dapaah is also likely to be moved to the Sanitation Ministry with a major task of cleaning the filth in the major capitals.
With the recent scandal over the AMERI power deal which has claimed the job of Boakye Agyarko, reports say the man tasked to temporarily hold the fort at the Energy Ministry is likely to be maintained.
John Peter Amewu
John Peter Amewu will have a responsibility to bring some calmness at the Energy Ministry which has suffered a lot of heat over the last few days.
It remains to be seen who will be posted to the Lands and Natural Resources Ministry where Amewu was engaged in a war with illegal miners.
Meanwhile, the Trades Minister Alan Kyeremanten is also likely to be moved to the Health Ministry.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020
- Bawumia promises passage of RTI bill in 2019
- Sylvester Mensah launches fundraising shortcode
- Kufuor fights "sensationalised" reportage on ex-gratia comment
- Mahama, Kufuor and Rawlings all eligible to contest for President – Dr Oduro Osae
- I am in for grassroots because I am one of them- Nurideen Iddrisu
- NDC race: Mahama's sponsors 'barred' from primaries committee
- HIPC helped restore donor confidence in “flat” economy – Kufuor
- NDC going broke weeks after election loss strange - Sly Mensah
- Wontumi to challenge Mahama's '3rd term' bid at Supreme Court