The Krachi East Municipal Organising Committee for the referendum on the creation of Oti Region, is touring Christmas conventions in the enclave to solicit for "yes" votes.
Mr Daniel Bamease, acting Secretary for the Committee, told the Ghana News Agency that churches would help deliver the "yes" messages widely and effectively.
Chiefs, including Nana Atamafowiese Kwame Bonja II, Paramount Chief of Chonki Traditional Area and other opinion leaders were seen in the campaign teams moving from one church to the other ahead of the referendum.
The Ewe Community in Dindor welcomed Nana Bonja with traditional music and dance and assured of its commitment to the creation of Oti Region.
The Jasikan District also held a "just tango yellow" walk attended by chiefs and hundreds of people all draped in yellow, the colour representing "yes" on the ballot.
Mr Kofi Adams, a former National Organiser of the National Democratic Congress, asked the people to vote "yes" to create Oti, for development.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- RTI Bill to be law on Tuesday
- Keta residents kick against Akufo-Addo's nominee
- Sale of state assets bane of cedi - Greenstreet
- Parliament needs punitive measure to check MPs absenteeism - Odekro
- NDC wants Peace Council to choose venue for party militia dialogue
- Photos: NDC elders join family to mourn Kwabena Adjei
- Video: Only 15 MPs show up in parliament
- Cedi depreciation to increase cost of doing business - Minority
- Chief Justice warns saboteurs of E-Justice project
- NPP militia invitation letter: NDC MP says it's good faith, NDC executive says bad faith
- Ato Forson’s 5 questions for Bawumia
- Highlights: Minority on the state of Ghana's economy
- Cedi depreciation: Government must admit failure - Minority
- Adom Otchere was irrelevant to Short Commission – Executive Secretary explains
- New regions will have highest calibre of staff – Local gov’t head