The Krachi East Municipal Organising Committee for the referendum on the creation of Oti Region, is touring Christmas conventions in the enclave to solicit for "yes" votes.
Mr Daniel Bamease, acting Secretary for the Committee, told the Ghana News Agency that churches would help deliver the "yes" messages widely and effectively.
Chiefs, including Nana Atamafowiese Kwame Bonja II, Paramount Chief of Chonki Traditional Area and other opinion leaders were seen in the campaign teams moving from one church to the other ahead of the referendum.
The Ewe Community in Dindor welcomed Nana Bonja with traditional music and dance and assured of its commitment to the creation of Oti Region.
The Jasikan District also held a "just tango yellow" walk attended by chiefs and hundreds of people all draped in yellow, the colour representing "yes" on the ballot.
Mr Kofi Adams, a former National Organiser of the National Democratic Congress, asked the people to vote "yes" to create Oti, for development.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Top NPP leaders visit national Chief Imam ahead of “the night of power”
- Akufo-Addo attends world climate change summit
- Rawlings, others pay last respect to Steve Akorli
- Ghana committed to AU fight against jihadists - Foreign Affairs minister
- Prof Edmund Delle resigns as CPP Chairman
- NDC, civil society and others punch holes into Vigilantism Bill
- Ex-NCA officials ordered to open defense in $4M misappropriation saga
- Zanetor Rawlings rebukes Korle-Klottey Assembly for lateness
- Be less partisan on Vigilantism Bill- Majority Leader to Committee
- Let Amidu start with your own men - Mahama's aide to Akufo-Addo
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments