The Krachi East Municipal Organising Committee for the referendum on the creation of Oti Region, is touring Christmas conventions in the enclave to solicit for "yes" votes.
Mr Daniel Bamease, acting Secretary for the Committee, told the Ghana News Agency that churches would help deliver the "yes" messages widely and effectively.
Chiefs, including Nana Atamafowiese Kwame Bonja II, Paramount Chief of Chonki Traditional Area and other opinion leaders were seen in the campaign teams moving from one church to the other ahead of the referendum.
The Ewe Community in Dindor welcomed Nana Bonja with traditional music and dance and assured of its commitment to the creation of Oti Region.
The Jasikan District also held a "just tango yellow" walk attended by chiefs and hundreds of people all draped in yellow, the colour representing "yes" on the ballot.
Mr Kofi Adams, a former National Organiser of the National Democratic Congress, asked the people to vote "yes" to create Oti, for development.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region
- Cocoa prices: COCOBOD debunks Mahama’s “false statements”
- EC affirms NPP aspirant to vie Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election
- PMMC boss, Opare Hammond has died