Sylvester Adinam Mensah has assured National Democratic Congress (NDC) branch and constituency executives in the Volta Region that when the NDC comes back to government under his leadership, all credible flagbearer contestants will be given positions in government to bring their expertise to bear on government business.
Mr. Mensah, who is seeking to lead the NDC in the 2020 general elections, gave this response to a branch executive from the Ketu North Constituency wanting to know how he would unite and bring his colleagues aspirants on board if he gets the mandate as flagbearer and eventually, President.
"I acknowledge that my comrades in this contest have unique qualities that can be harnessed to move this country forward. Besides, one of my cardinal vision is to unite the party when I become leader. In that spirit, I am assuring you that when you give me the nod, I shall work with them both in opposition and government. They shall be given Strategic placements in government under my leadership in order to make use of their talents for national development", he affirmed.
The former National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) boss, who is currently on a campaign tour in the Volta Region meeting and interacting with branch and constituency executives, has informed delegates that the time has come for the NDC to do things differently, in order to wrestle power from the NPP.
He said that some aspirants and their supporters misconstrue this contest as a 'war' between enemies, instead of seeing it as a democratic process enshrined in the party's constitution for the grassroots to have their say in whoever seeks to lead them.
He reiterated that after this contest, whoever emerges as winner will need the support of all for victory, that is why the process should be devoid of acrimony and enmity.
The over 900 branch and constituency executives who attended the meeting in Dzodze expressed joy that a son of the land is in the race to lead the party and Ghana.
They pledged to support Mr. Mensah's bid and explained that they are doing so not because he is from the Region but because of his demonstration of competent leadership qualities, his experience in both public and private sectors, and his loyalty to the party since its formation.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability
- Short Commission probe: No armed men in any of our polling stations - Jean Mensa
- Lack of political will cause of growing vigilantism - Aning
- Chief berates Nkoranza youth for defecting from NPP over siting of Bono East capital