The President, Nana Akufo-Addo has commissioned an expanded food and beverages company under the One District One Factory project.
The commissioning of Healthilife Beverages Company is part of government’s commitment to empower local industries to add value to raw materials and to export for foreign exchange.
With the stimulus package given to the company, the president said the government is on course to deliver the Ghana Beyond Aid agenda it promised in the 2016 campaign.
Joy News’ presidential correspondent, Elton John Brobbey reported the president as saying the government has so far made available ¢270 million stimulus package for 16 companies to expand, increase production and create jobs.
The commissioning of the expanded Healthilife Beverages Company was done as part of the president’s three-day tour of the Greater Accra Region.
Healthy Life Beverages which has been in existence for over a decade, specializes in producing fruit drinks, soya milk for export into the West African market.
Its Managing Director, Nuamah Fameye said the stimulus package under the 1D1F project has undoubtedly expanded the mode of operations of the company.
Even though the company employs 300 workers, Mr. Fameye said they are increasing the number of workers to a 1,000 as a result of the stimulus package.
He said the company has so far spent $50million of their own equity and commercial loans and are happy to have benefitted from the package.
“Permit to express my appreciation to the Minister of Trade for selecting our company to be part of the president’s vision to support indigenous Ghanaian businesses.
“The stimulus package seeks to reduce the burden of high interest on commercial loans for indigenous businesses. We are very grateful for your approval and wish to thank you for letting us join this eminent group and letting us prosper,” he said.
While grateful for the intervention, Mr Fameye appealed to the government to add an extra $10 million to enable the company complete its expansion ambitions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption