Flag bearer hopeful of opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Goosie Tanoh is expected to pick up nomination forms at the party headquarters in Accra Saturday.
Goosie Tanoh was very instrumental in a petition signed by eight aspirants which compelled the party hierarchy’s to slash the filing fees from the initial 400,000 Ghana cedis to 300, 000 and also extended the deadline for picking nomination forms to Saturday, December 8, 2018, from Tuesday, December 4.
The new date for the election of NDC 2020 flagbearer is now Saturday, January 26, 2019.
Goosie Tanoh who is currently on the second phase of his campaign tour of the Central Region, is expected to wrap up the tour on Monday, December 10.
He arrived in his home region on Friday to begin the second leg of his campaign tour to the Central Region.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Ahead of the recently held 9th National Delegates’ Congress of the NDC, Mr. Goosie Tanoh toured some constituencies in the Central Region to ask delegates to elect him as their flagbearer to secure Victory for the party in the 2020 presidential polls.
Already, Goosie Tanoh'S 2020 campaign tour has taken him to some constituencies in the Volta Region, Greater Accra Region, Upper West Region, Upper East Region, and Northern Region where he enjoyed significant support from voters.
While in the Central Region, Mr. Tanoh is expected to canvass for votes at Kasoa, Winneba, Gomoa, Essakyir, Cape Coast, Komenda, Oguaa among others.
He has promised to be a new leader with a new vision rooted in accountability, probity and social justice for the grassroots of the party and the entire citizenry.
Goosie Tanoh says "real power will return to the grassroots” if he is given the chance to lead the party as flagbearer for the first time.
He believes the party must chart a new path to restore hope to members and create jobs for millions of unemployed Ghanaian youths.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020
- Bawumia takes over in fresh RTI deadline as Akufo-Addo promise fails
- Sylvester Mensah launches fundraising shortcode
- Kufuor fights "sensationalised" reportage on ex-gratia comment
- Mahama, Kufuor and Rawlings all eligible to contest for President – Dr Oduro Osae
- I am in for grassroots because I am one of them- Nurideen Iddrisu
- NDC race: Mahama's sponsors 'barred' from primaries committee
- HIPC helped restore donor confidence in “flat” economy – Kufuor
- NDC going broke weeks after election loss strange - Sly Mensah
- Wontumi to challenge Mahama's '3rd term' bid at Supreme Court
- New regions: Govt publishes Justice Brobbey report
- Volkswagen, Nissan, Sinotruk to begin assembling duties in 2019- Akufo-Addo