Embattled Deputy Electoral Commissioner Georgina Opoku Amankwah has touched on the political crisis at the EC in a rendition of an old Ghanaian song at a workers' durbar.
The song titled 'Afutusem' translated 'advise' by dance group Ramblers found space in her speech at the EC Senior Staff Quadrennial Congress Saturday.
"I want to become a Nigerian today [that is why] I am sounding very proverbial and I am sure some of you may know this song [but] there is a part [I will explain to] those who don't understand it in Twi," she said.
Mrs Amankwah has been on leave since July 2017 following the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) investigations into some questionable transactions at the Commission.
She has denied any wrongdoing in the matter.
Listen to the song below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- New regions will have highest calibre of staff – Local gov’t head
- NDC in fresh haggle with NPP over time, venue for militia meeting
- Militia meeting: NPP finally agrees to NDC's wider participation proposal
- Gov't firms up deals for Agric mechanization, Yendi Water Projects
- Step back from vigilante groups, Kofi Abotsi counsels NPP, NDC
- Long hours of parliamentary sittings health risk–Muntaka
- NDC disappointed Kwabena Adjei - Rawlings
- "It is misjudgment" - Minister-designate withdraws NDC Mahindra claims
- "The President must wake up!" – Baako fires
- Leaked NDC tape: Ampofo charges reduce, Gyamfi and Boahene added
- Violence not path for resolving conflict, Gov't to feuding Chereponi factions
- I’ll set up gold museum in Western Region – Tourism Minister-designate
- President assents to Civil Aviation Amendment Bill
- Militia confab: President’s response unfortunate - Sammy Gyamfi
- The Bible knows no biased prophet like Owusu Bempah – John Mahama