Embattled Deputy Electoral Commissioner Georgina Opoku Amankwah has touched on the political crisis at the EC in a rendition of an old Ghanaian song at a workers' durbar.
The song titled 'Afutusem' translated 'advise' by dance group Ramblers found space in her speech at the EC Senior Staff Quadrennial Congress Saturday.
"I want to become a Nigerian today [that is why] I am sounding very proverbial and I am sure some of you may know this song [but] there is a part [I will explain to] those who don't understand it in Twi," she said.
Mrs Amankwah has been on leave since July 2017 following the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) investigations into some questionable transactions at the Commission.
She has denied any wrongdoing in the matter.
Listen to the song below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Big Wednesday awaits NDC 7: Vetting Committee to release report in 24hrs
- Unresolved kidnappings: Family, IMANI, lawyer doubt police commitment
- Ablakwa pushes for probe as confusion rocks NAM1 court appearance date
- Bawumia advocates inclusive governance in Africa
- 'I have nothing to hide' - Ex- Dep BoG Governor refutes complicity in banking crisis
- Arrest Kennedy Agyapong now! - Minority charge
- Nam1 trip waste of taxpayers’ money – Apaak
- Supreme Court suspends ruling on disputed Woyome-UT bank properties
- Ghana’s development under Akufo-Addo impressive – Madagascar President
- NDC would not abolish the free SHS policy – Mahama
- Ahmed's killing cannot end like others - Rawlings condemns “reckless” Agyapong
- Murdered investigator: No reason to narrow probe to Agyapong – Ken Attafuah
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama congratulate Ya Naa -elect
- Yaa Naa’s funeral ends with prayers for harmony
- Referendum and district elections slated for Sept