Embattled Deputy Electoral Commissioner Georgina Opoku Amankwah has touched on the political crisis at the EC in a rendition of an old Ghanaian song at a workers' durbar.
The song titled 'Afutusem' translated 'advise' by dance group Ramblers found space in her speech at the EC Senior Staff Quadrennial Congress Saturday.
"I want to become a Nigerian today [that is why] I am sounding very proverbial and I am sure some of you may know this song [but] there is a part [I will explain to] those who don't understand it in Twi," she said.
Mrs Amankwah has been on leave since July 2017 following the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) investigations into some questionable transactions at the Commission.
She has denied any wrongdoing in the matter.
Listen to the song below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC 'astonished' at President's 'my appointees are clean claim'
- Photo story: Furious Thursday turns to funny Monday at Adentan demo
- Kojo Bonsu pledges to make NDC 'most attractive party'
- ‘It’s long overdue’: MP accuses gov't of feet-dragging over anti-graft law
- Akufo-Addo leaves for a day's visit to Qatar
- NPP Youth Organiser elected IYDU Vice Chair
- Mahama takes campaign tour to Ashanti Region
- Roads Minister cuts sod for the rehabilitation of Axim Nsein Roads
- Develop strong bonds of co-operation – Akufo-Addo tells MPs, MMDCEs
- I respect Akufo-Addo for his values, principles – Rawlings
- I don’t respond to aspirants; I respond to presidential candidates – Akufo-Addo to NDC aspirants
- No monthly allowance for public boards – Finance Minister
- I'll offer you education, not money to vote for me - Goosie to NDC delegates
- 'We know you can do the job'; NDC Cadres clamour for Dan Abodakpi
- Jeff Sessions’ resignation gets Amidu thinking