Former Chief Executive of Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA), Kojo Bonsu has made a solemn undertaking to delegates that, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) shall become the party of choice should he win the flagbearer contest.
He shared with the delegates, his vision and plans to make "the NDC become the most attractive political party in Ghana,” by instituting policies that would directly benefit grassroots members of the opposition party.
“This he believes would make the members become proud NDC members when he is voted to serve as leader of the NDC come 2020,” his spokesperson, Mohammed Alhassan said in an interview.
Mr Alhassan said, Mr. Bonsu, who has met and interacted with constituency executives of the NDC three regions - Western, Central and Eastern- where he had toured within the last three weeks, has maintained a straightforward campaign where he states current problems in the party and proposes a solution to them.
“Mr Kojo Bonsu during his tour in the three Regions never chastised or discredited any aspirant, but rather he spoke about peace, unity, accountability...” he added.
According to Mr Alhassan, Mr Bonsu has put his campaign activities on hold this week to allow the delegates to prepare for the national elections scheduled for this Saturday at the Trade Fair Centre in Accra.
The campaign is expected to bounce back next week, with visits to the three regions of the north.
Unity after Congress
Meanwhile, Mr. Bonsu has in a statement, urged unity among the party before, during and after the party’s congress.
“United we stand and divided we fall,” he stated.
The statement noted that, once the party National Executives unite irrespective of who wins at the elections, the party stands a greater chance for victory in 2020.
Kojo Bonsu also commanded all the aspirants for the matured manner in which they conducted their campaigns and assured them of his willingness to work with any of them chosen by delegates if he is voted as the flagbearer of the party.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs