A deputy communication director of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has said the 2019 budget is to fulfill the aspirations of the youth by providing them with jobs.
According to Mame Yaa Aboagye, stimulus packages for businesses in the budget will enable the private sector expand and employ more people especially the youth.
Her comment comes after the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori Atta presented the 2019 fiscal year budget is in Parliament.
He said government is “proud of what we have accomplished in 22 months and are certain and resolved to deliver a future that meets the hopes and aspirations of our people through this budget and into the medium term.
But the Minority in Parliament generally unimpressed with the budget statement described it as hopeless.
In a rebuttal, Mame Yaa Aboagye said the budget will ensure optimal deployment of resources and preserve fiscal stability.
She stated that, the NPP government remains resolute in enhancing the livelihood of the Ghanaian people by building an economy that is more viable and resilient enough for private sector growth.
“We have a vision of building a Ghana Beyond Aid, a Ghana that will be more independent and won’t run to foreign donors for financial support” she added.
The NPP woman also charged the youth to take advantage of the policies in the budget that will help them set up businesses and be entrepreneurs.
Madam Aboagye urged Ghanaians to disregard the ‘ugly noises’ being made by the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) and support President Akufo-Addo to fulfill all his promises.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability
- Short Commission probe: No armed men in any of our polling stations - Jean Mensa
- Lack of political will cause of growing vigilantism - Aning
- Chief berates Nkoranza youth for defecting from NPP over siting of Bono East capital
- Osafo-Maafo blasts Mahama for ‘painting Ghana black’ to diplomats
- Emile Short C'ssion: NDC won't discourage affected members from testifying