The traditional leaders at Offinso in the Ashanti Region gave Kojo Bonsu, an aspirant in the race to lead the National Democratic Congress (NDC), a stirring entry to the town on Saturday.
Bonsu, a native of the town, had been to the area to join his kins celebrate the 2018 edition of “Mmoaninkᴐ” festival.
His arrival at the durbar grounds turned into a frenzy, with some chanting “Kojo bԑyԑ” to wit "Kojo will do It" as he was led by a crowd of grassroot party supporters to the durbar grounds.
The businessman and former Kumasi Metropolitan Chief Executive, has seen his support base grow steadily since he made known to the leadership of the opposition party in October that he intends to contest in the presidential primaries.
He has since held meetings with party executives in constituencies in a number of regions including Central, Western, Eastern and the Northern Regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures