The traditional leaders at Offinso in the Ashanti Region gave Kojo Bonsu, an aspirant in the race to lead the National Democratic Congress (NDC), a stirring entry to the town on Saturday.
Bonsu, a native of the town, had been to the area to join his kins celebrate the 2018 edition of “Mmoaninkᴐ” festival.
His arrival at the durbar grounds turned into a frenzy, with some chanting “Kojo bԑyԑ” to wit "Kojo will do It" as he was led by a crowd of grassroot party supporters to the durbar grounds.
The businessman and former Kumasi Metropolitan Chief Executive, has seen his support base grow steadily since he made known to the leadership of the opposition party in October that he intends to contest in the presidential primaries.
He has since held meetings with party executives in constituencies in a number of regions including Central, Western, Eastern and the Northern Regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs